🔅Y1* "The Arrival and Sorting"

Hermione was right, we arrived at the castle 10 minutes after she left and luckily Ron got out of the bathroom in his robes just in time to leave the Hogwarts Express.

The Driver hands us all our trunks and pets, Ron already had his in his pocket.

You accidentally look up at Harry and see he's looking at you.

You both turn a shade of light pink and look down at the floor.

—————————————-
As you step out of the train, your viewed at a magnificent lake with a huge castle balanced on top of rocks at the other side.

—————————————-As you step out of the train, your viewed at a magnificent lake with a huge castle balanced on top of rocks at the other side

And a giant man with lots and lots of long hair and a beard walks over to all of you.

"Firs years, firs years! Follow me firs years."
" I'm Rubeus Hagrid, just call me Hagrid."
And all of you follow him excitedly.

"Now i want all of yeh's to get into a boat and only four people per boat alrih?"

And everyone nods and finds a boat.

You get paired in a boat with Harry, Ron and Hermione, all your new friends from the train.

The boats were bewitched to sail they're way across the black lake to the castle.

As you arrive, rather quickly you all scramble out of the boat and run to the grounds.

Your greeted with a grand staircase and Hagrid arrives out of his personal boat and lines up in front of you.

"Now follow me!" He says happily.

As you all reach the top, Hagrid swings the big knocker on the huge oak double doors and they swing open.

A lady with grey hair put into a bun, with emerald robes and a black witches hat greets you all.

"Hello first years" She says in a stern, strict but also sweet voice.

"I am Professor Mcgonagall, Transfiguration teacher and the headmistress of Hogwarts School" She speaks to everyone loudly.

"Now when you enter these doors, I will lead you into the great hall." In the great hall, you will be sorted into your houses and later have a welcoming feast"

"Follow me" She speaks, before turning around and walking everyone inside.

You all reach more double doors and walk in to see four tables, one with a red and gold cloth running along, one with dark green and sliver cloth running along the other table, another with yellow and black running along that table and the last one has dark blue and bronze running along their table.

Mcgonagall leads everyone to the top of the room, even though people are sitting at the individual tables.

"Before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses" They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

"When i call your name, you will come up to the top and sit on the stool. Then i will place the sorting hat on your head and it will sort you into your houses"

She pulls out a scroll and reads names one by one.

"Susan Bones!" The girl stands up and sits on the stool while the hat is placed on her head.

The hat begins to speak and yells out.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" And Susan happily gets up as her plain Hogwarts robes turn into yellow with a crest on it that says, "Hufflepuff" with a badger, and she sits down at the yellow table.

After a few more names, Mcgonagall speaks, "Hermione Granger!"

This is the moment.

She walks up to the stool and sits down as Ron mutters.

"Mental that one, i'm telling you." And Harry slightly nods but you stay silent.

The sorting hat seemed to be going forward and back between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.
Eventually the hat yells out,

"GRYFFINDOR!!"

And the red table stands up and cheers for her and she runs off to the red table as her plain robes turn red with gryffindor symbols.

"Y/n Clearwater!" And you stand up nervously.

You sit on the stool and the sorting hat begins to say..

"Yes.. I know just what to do with you."

"GRYFFINDOR!"
And your robes change like all the other gryffindor's.

You happily run over to them as the people that look like Ron's siblings, welcome you and you take a seat next to Hermione and begin chatting to her.

"Harry Potter!" She yells, and a few people start whispering to they're friends.

"Hmmm..... I'm not sure.."

Harry had been telling you earlier how he bumped into some blonde boy who was in first year, bragging about his money and how he will be in the best house which is Slytherin, and he started making fun of Harry.

Harry muttered under his breath, thinking only he could hear. "Please not Slytherin,."

"Not Slytherin eh?" Are you sure boy..? Slytherin could lead you to greatness?"

And Harry tightly closes his eyes.

"Very well... GRYFFINDOR!"

And Harry opens his eyes and sees everyone smiling at him and welcoming him.

He runs over and seats only next to you.

Then Ron gets sorted into Gryffindor.

You all tuck into your magical, grand feast and feel stuffed afterwards.

Percy Weasley, one of Rons older brothers, leads them up to the Gryffindor common room.

"Caput Draconis" Percy says to a painting of a fat lady, before it swings open and leads to a tunnel.

You all walk in and slump down on the couches next to the fire.

You later get up and walk upstairs to the girls dormitories and slump into bed.

Hope you enjoyed!
~Belle 🔅