Edge of Great// Part 2

I stood at my locker, getting out my books for my next class. Closing the door, I jumped slightly to see Luke standing on the other side of it, "Hey", he said with a smile. I laughed a little once I relaxed, "God, you have got to stop doing that. What are you doing here?", I asked him. He stopped leaning on the locker next to mine and looked at me, "We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight. I was thinking...Great", he suggested.

I was about to answer him but some girls walked by, smiling and waving at me. Waving back to them, I grabbed my phone from my pocket, to pretend like I was answering a call to talk to Luke. He clearly didn't understand and looked at me kinda upset, "You're just gonna take a phone call while we're talking? Do you know how rude that is?", he asked. I put on a smile, "Hey! Thanks for calling. Otherwise, people might think I'm talking to myself", I said, faking like I was talking to someone on the phone.

He nodded and smiled again, finally understanding, "Right. Nice", he said. I let out a little laugh, "Yeah, I think Great is a...great choice", I agreed. He nodded, "Sweet. Well, I mean, that's pretty much what I wanted to talk to you about. So...", he said, just kinda standing there awkwardly. I wasn't really sure what else to say, "Oh. Okay", I said, and started to pretend to hang up.

Suddenly he looked back at me, "Uh, actually, no, there's one more thing I wanted to talk to you about. It's...", he started laughing nervously, "Look, I know I'm not the easiest person to work with, but I...I wanted to tell you that I think you make me a better writer", he admitted. I felt heat rush to my cheeks, but I fought it back down, "I think we make each other better", I agreed.

He just smiled at me and shook his head, "You know what? Why don't you and Julie just ditch school today? Let's go rehearse", he suggested. I shook my head, "What? No, I can't. I promised my parents, school first", I reminded him. He shrugged, "Right. You were at school first, and now you're leaving to go rehearse", he argued, prompting me to roll my eyes a little, "Come on. I can't do this without you", he said.

I looked away from him because I knew if I looked into his eyes any longer, I'd give in and leave, "I can't. I...I promised Travis that I'd be his dance partner", I told him. "Hey, Talia!", I heard behind Luke, both of us turning to see Travis himself heading towards us. I pretended like I hung up the phone as Travis walked over to us, Luke standing behind him, "Well don't you look sharp", Luke mocked him.

Of course having not heard him, Travis just smiled at me, "You ready for our big performance?", he asked. I nodded, "Oh, yeah. We're gonna kill it", I agreed. Travis laughed a little, "I really hope so. If we do it's all thanks to you", he told me. Luke smirked, "Uh oh! I think someone has a crush on Talia", he joked. I gritted my teeth a little, annoyed at the ghost, "Shut up", I whispered.

Unfortunately, Travis heard me and looked at me confused, "What?", he asked. I laughed nervously, "I mean, shut up", I said again, jokingly to Travis this time. He smiled again, "Seriously, I wouldn't be anything without you", he told me, Luke still standing behind him to mock him. I smiled at him and shook my head, "We're gonna do fine. I'll see you in there", I told him, knowing I had to get rid of Luke then change into my dress for class. Travis nodded and smiled, "Yeah, I'll be the guy trying not to make us look stupid", he joked, walking away.

After finishing up his mocking, Luke stood in front of me, "Well, he is just too cute", he joked. I shot him a look, "Leave it, all right? I'll see you after school", I told him before walking away. I couldn't help but smile as I walked away, "Guess we'll just have to carry you tonight just like we always do! I know you're smiling! Kill it on the dance floor!", he yelled after me, making me roll my eyes at how annoying...yet kinda adorable he is.

________________________

3rd person POV

"Boys. I want you to focus and leave it all out on the field", Coach Barron said, leaving the class confused. The girls' dance teacher cleared her throat and looked at the students, "Breathe in...shake out your nerves. Surrender to the music and to your partner and to your partner", she said, calming all of their nerves before heading over to the music player. Travis and Natalia smiled at each other as the music started and they got into position. They started dancing, the moves coming really easy to both of them.

In the middle of the dance, Natalia turned back to the mirror and was shocked to see Luke step out of it

Luke:
Step into my world
Bittersweet love story about a girl
Shook me to the core
Voice like an angel, I've never heard before

Natalia:
Here in front of me
Shining so much brighter than I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes I know he doesn't leave

Both:
The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony
Woah, woah
Perfect harmony
Woah, woah

Natalia (Luke):
We say we're friends
We play pretend
You're more to me

Both:
We create a perfect harmony

Natalia snapped out of her daydream as the music stopped and she turned to face Travis again, "Wow, that was amazing, Talia", he said, smiling widely at her. Natalia looked back at the empty mirror, trying to figure out what just happened to her, "Yeah, I gotta get going", she said as she heard the bell ring, quickly scurrying out of the gym.

___________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. This summer is gonna get a bit crazy cause my family is trying to move soon, so take it easy on me if I'm not able to update consistently. 

Until next time, lovies

-D<3