3•The meet

"Mattia wake up! They are coming today!" his dad yelled for the fifth time, standing in Mattia's doorway. "Ughh ok ok i'm up jeez" "shut up and get downstairs" he dad demanded. Mattia groaned and got out of bed but stared at him. "What are you looking at boy, get down there" his dad pointed down the stairs. Mattia walked past him and went downstairs.

"They're coming in a few so make sure this place isn't too bad" he told Mattia while fixing up the couch. Mattia just stood there looking around, "checking" everything to make sure it's all good.

Kairi
"Mom?" I asked. She looked to her side at me and answered "yea?" "never mind" I said after huffing. She continued driving and soon we got there. Wow they have a nice house— like a really nice house. "Ok ready?" she asked me. Not really but "yeah." We got out of the car and grabbed come of our bags.

My mom rang the door bell and a man answered, i'm guessing her boyfriend. "Hi baby" he greeted kissing her cheek and hugging her. He looked down at me "hi there you must be Kairi" he smiled going to shake my hand. I gave him a small fake smile and looked away.

He hummed and stepped to the side for us to come in. "Sorry he's a little shy right now" my mom whispered even though i heard.

Mattia
The door bell rang meaning they're hear. I came down and sat in the kitchen hoping my dad wouldn't make me greet them. It worked and he greeted them instead. "Hi there you must be Kairi" I heard my dad say. Hm Kairi, sounds like a girl name... oh well. They came in but I couldn't see them, I can only hear them.

Ugh i already don't like this kid and i haven't even seen him yet. His voice sounds weird. He sounds spoiled tbh. "Aye Mattia get out here and meet your step mom and step brother" he shouted making sure i can hear him. I shouted back an okay and came out.

"This is Hiromi and Kairi" he said pointing to them as he said their names. "Hi" I greeted mainly towards my step mother. "Say hi kai" his mom whispered. He rolled his eyes and looked up at me through his long pretty eyelashes. Wait now that I think about it... he's actually really cute. Fluffy hair, soft brown eyes, short, plump pink lips— wait no stop Mattia he's literally your step brother plus your not even gay.

I didn't want to say anything so I waited for him to but he took his hand and brushed his hair back out of his face and walked right past me. I smacked my teeth and looked at my dad for his next demand. "Oh um why don't you go upstairs and show Kairi his room?"  he raised his eyebrows then continued, "while I get your step mother settled" he smiled grabbing her hand.

I groaned and walked to the stairs hoping he already heard my dad so I wouldn't have to talk to him. He just stood there clueless, staring at pictures and other stuff in the living room. I rolled my eyes and snapped my fingers a few times but he still didn't look. Alright so it's either this bitch is dead or he's purposely ignoring me. I cleared my throat and stood there leaning against the wall. Goddamn what the hell is his problem.

"Hello?!" I accidentally yelled becoming annoyed. He leaned to one hip, crossed his arms, and looked at me. "You deaf or something?" he replied with sass, "nope i just didn't want to answer you." I smacked my teeth again "well c'mon i'm not gonna stand here for hours because you wanna b-" he cut me off "ain't nobody tell you to stand there anyways, you can go up without me" he rolled his eyes continuing to look at literally nothing.

"I'm trying to be nice to you, can you stop being a brat and just come with me so i can get this over with" i said walking upstairs. He didn't say anything but i heard him coming up the stairs, too. I smiled since he finally listened and went to his room and waited for him. "This is your room...where's your bags" I asked looking around. "Oh my bags? Yea uhm you have to go get them" he grinned crossing his arms.

"No no no i'm not getting YOUR bags tf you think this is, i ain't your mai-" "MOM!!!" he yelled. I quickly grabbed his arm, pushed him into his room, and covered his mouth. "Shhhh what the fuck is your problem- ok ok i'll get your bags just shut up please" I whispered. I let go of him and he let out a small 'ha'. Little bitch..

I went downstairs and got his bags. I dragged them upstairs because of how heavy they were. "Here's your bags you little piece of shi-" "MO-" I threw the smallest bag at him. "No your not funny anymore shut the fuck up and i mean it" i warned. He pouted and picked up the bag.

Soon we finished unpacking his stuff and set up his new room. It looks good tbh. "You can get out now" he said jumping up onto his bed. "Ive been living here longer than you don't tell me what to do" I said getting closer. "Get ouutttt" he whined. "Wow" I laughed looking away. He's seriously acting like he's 6. "What" he asked confused. I let out a small laugh and started to leave his room. Before i could leave i felt a small hand grab my arm. "What" he asked again from what happened a few seconds ago. "Why did you say wow and laugh?"

I ignored him and pulled my arm away. He whined and stomped away shutting the door in the process. I went to my room and on my way there i passed my dads room. All i heard was them laughing. I haven't heard my dad laugh like that since i don't even know. I really hope he found the right one this time...