Part 1-Is he joking?

Kaito leaned onto his locker and sighed. He had forgotten to do his homework the night before, and had already accepted that he was going to die by his teacher's hands. He probably wouldn't be able to do it anyways, because it was math homework. Even over all of the talking in the hallway, Kaito was still able to hear a certain someone running towards him. It was Kokichi. Kokichi jumped onto him. "Gooood morning, Space Idiot!" Kokichi had a two-word nickname for pretty much everyone in his class at this point, and Kaito's was "Space Idiot." Kokichi was expecting Kaito to yell at him, but instead he smiled. "Morning, Kokichi." Kaito said. Kokichi was speechless for a second because Kaito had never been this nice to him. He just ignored it, though, and started talking about other things. "So, I heard that you used to have a crush on Piano Freak over there, huh?" He said, pointing to Kaede. "Well, I USED to. I've got feelings for someone else now." Kaito said while Kokichi got off of him. "Ooooh? And who would that be?" Kokichi said, with his usual mischievous look on his face. Kaito knew he couldn't tell him, because he would reject him. After all, doesn't he have a thing for Himiko? "None of your business, you'll prolly find out sometime anyways." He said in a surprisingly quiet tone. Kokichi, even being as smart as he is, couldn't see Kaito's obvious crush on him. Maybe it was because he wouldn't believe that his crush would also love him? Or was it because Kaito never had a thing for boys? Kokichi decided to ignore it, as he does with most things. "Aww, you're no fun, Kaito." He said with a fake pout. Kaito chuckled. "Well, I think you mean Space Idiot, don't you?" Kokichi looked at him with surprise. It was rare for Kokichi to show genuine emotion, and he only did around people he truly trusted. Then the bell rang. "Oh, well we better get going to the hell known as math class now." Kaito said with a sigh. "It's only hell for an idiot like you!" Kokichi said. Everyone looked at them as they walked to class, nobody could tell if they were friends or they hated each other.