normal//e.d - pt2

(third person pov)

"Ready?"

"You choreographed this one?" Gray asked, sitting down for a moment to catch his breath. Ethan yawned as he dropped down as well, sliding against the wall.

"Yeah, we look good, I'd say," a backup dancer mumbled, checking his hair in one of the mirror walls. He smiled at himself before looking over. "Wanna play it, Lara?" he asked. E looked over at his daughter, waddling around to his phone that was playing their latest single.

"Wanna play game, Gray."

"You can't-- we need music, don't we?" She frowned as she sat down neatly beside it. Grayson scooped her right back up and set her to walk away. She ran over to Ethan who always dropped everything he was doing to pick her up.

She squealed as he threw her up a few times. "You can play with your daddy, okay, I don't have to practice the next one."

"Daddy?" she asked, poking his cheek at the same time he leaned down to put her on the floor.

"Come on angel," Ethan mumbled, laying down on the floor in exhaustion. She walked over and sat down on his chest. A hand on her knee he sighed.

"Daddy sleepy?" she asked, a hand on his cheek. He smiled and turned to kiss the back of it.

"I'm tired," he whispered. She giggled and laid down as the music started and the rest of the boys began to practice again.

"Sleep," she whispered, patting his chest. "Nap time."

"Unfortunately," he whispered, "only toddlers get nap time." She looked up.

"Big girl!" she defended. He chuckled and she rested her ear against his chest. "Daddy?"

"Mhm?"

"Boom boom," she whispered, drumming her fingers against his chest. He smiled.

"My heart?" She nodded. He pressed her head back down again and smiled. "Ready?" he asked as y/n walked in, bringing water for everyone.

"Ready?" Lara repeated.

Ethan began to sing softly and Lara nuzzled closer into him, arms at his neck. He smiled while he sang and she giggled as he came to the end. "How'd that feel?" he asked in a whisper.

"Bzz bzz," she whispered. He chuckled and she giggled. "Again!"

"You liked it?" she nodded and he kissed her head.

"Just like your mom, hey?" He sang some more to her and y/n took a seat cross-legged next to Ethan's head.

"You okay?" she asked, running a hand through Ethan's hair. He looked over at her and nodded, sitting up with a hand pressed to Lara's back. "It's almost nap time."

Ethan stood slowly and she pushed herself off of his chest a little. "Sleep with daddy?" she asked in a mumble. E held her close and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Mhm, you sleep right here, okay?" She nodded, fists curling up as he kissed her head. Y/N came up behind him to wipe at the drool she'd already started to leave on E's t-shirt. "It's fine," he mumbled, turning. Y/N smiled.

"I can take her back to the room." E shook his head.

"She can stay with me--"

"But you'll have to practice."

"No, I can just watch."

"Ethan, it's loud in here-"

"Hey," Gray cut through their arguing as the other boys watched. "Take her back, E, she's gonna wake if I play the music again."