Pt. 1

I sigh, walking to the back of my ship and looking myself in the mirror. My paint was faded slightly, but still better than my battered Iron Truage armor. Shaking myself from my thoughts, I notice my ghost materialize beside me.

"30 seconds until transmat." MT, my ghost, said.

Nodding, my Stag helmet appeared over my face. The little flames in the eye sockets constantly wavering between black and white. The antlers seeming to stick together despite the obvious fractures.

"Transmatting now guardian." MT said, the tingling feeling coming to me first as always before a bright light filled my vision and I appeared before the war table with Zavala, Ikora, Crow, Drifter, Eris Morn, and a few others of importance.

"Glad to see you could make it old friend, it seems that as of late, the remains of the hive have fled to a planet that holds its own darkness. We recently got a distress signal from an old ally we thought long gone. I would like you to meet him and help them clear the Hive while they go on their own battle." Zavala said, looking at the hologram of a planet that was orbited by a broken moon.

"It seems that they are building a nest. The queen was weakened before she escaped after sending waves of hive that we luckily terminated. We hope you can finish her soon before she gives rise to the next queen and this vicious cycle continues." Ikora added.

"Why didn't you call us during the strike, we could've ended her quite easily, and wiped out the hive within the week." MT said, appearing with his shell whirring a bit in annoyance.

"We need to make sure that the younger guardians gain experience with these threats, we can't always rely on one guardian." Eris Morn said, sighing.

I shake my head, nodding towards the table for my ghost to scan the coordinates. While he did that, I pulled up a hologram keyboard and typed a few coordinates before sending them to everyone present.

"What the guardian just sent you is coordinates to a fallen base. Send two fire teams at minimum, they have a lot of fire power." MT said, transmatting us back to the ship soon after and starting to input the coordinates. "Are you ready 7?"

"Always." I replied, sitting in the pilots seat and taking the controls as we entered the jump.

——————

After a few hours we entered the atmosphere after exiting the jump. Looking towards the map, I followed the coordinates to a rather large, castle-like building. Landing on one of the open landing pads, MT transmat me out of the ship and sent it back to orbit.

Before me, stood a man of average height with silver hair in a green suit. He leaned slightly on his cane in his left hand and held a phone-like device in his right hand that he put in his pocket after making eye contact.

"I'm glad you were able to get my distress signal, but I was hoping for a whole fireteam." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"We will be enough Ozpin. The guardian has been able to handle worse threats on his own. This is simple compared to everything else, we will also be helping with your grim problem for the time being." MT said, his eye glowing a bit in pride.

"I see, then please come with me, I will be introducing you to the team that will be hosting you during your stay. They will show around Beacon and introduce you to the staff. I was hoping you could teach a class versatile combat." Ozpin said, leading us through the building and into what looks like a dormitory area.

"That won't be difficult, just don't expect the guardian to speak much." MT said, just as we came to a halt in front of a dorm with a place to the side reading Team CFVY.