Chapter 1: Normal Day?

The morning started with my face flat on my carpeted purple fuzzy floor. I am guessing I rolled off my bed considering my forehead has a huge bruise on it. Great one more thing to throw off my look. I hurried and took a shower. When I got out I put on my mascara, eyeliner and a little bit of eye shadow. I tried to cover up my bruise on my forehead but it didn't work.I put on dark demin skinny jeans with black heels and a purple peplum top. I abouslty loved peplum tops. I wouldn't usually go with heels but I felt like it today.

I walked down stairs and my family was no where to be found. I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and listened for any movement but nothing. I poured myself a glass of milk and walked into the living room. To my surprise my mother, my father, and my two brothers and the family dog were all sitting there with their heads down. Something dropped in my stomach. I feel that something was wrong. I walked and sat beside Gus our family dog. He was always taking my seat. I finally asked "What is wrong?" Silence was all I could hear. Finally my mother looked up and said
"Honey, You're Grandma Katherine has cancer. They found her on the floor unconscious last night. She is in hospital right now."
She stopped as soon as a tear slowly rolled down her cheek. She looked back down at her feet. My heart stopped. My mother's mom is dying.I felt myself start to cry. I didn't make any sounds I just let my tears fall out sliently. My dad cleared his throat

" None of you are going to school. We have to go to Washington to pick her up. She is staying here. We will explain more later. Go ahead and get ready."
My body was frozen. The world was not moving. I didn't notice that my brother Luke was hugging me. I slowly got up and decided to go get ready for the trip. We lived in Albany, New York and my Grandma lives in Seattle, Washington. It was a least a five hour flight. I returned the hug to Luke and went upstairs. I changed into flats because heels are just to much right now. I got done packing went down stairs and still slience. My other brother which is Luke's twin, Devin hasn't even looked up once this morning. Silence was all I would hear from my family on a five hour flight.

I woke up from my nap an hour before we will be in Washington. I was sitting between my brothers. Devin spoke
" Hey, Mom told us what type of cancer she has." He said in a long voice. "What is it?" Luke answered for Devin " Leukemia." I didn't say anything. I had nothing to say. I just wished that she would have stayed with us. Devin was giving me a concered look.
He finally said " Are you still depressed?"
I lied " No. I am better now,but not anymore as of today."
I told almost everything to my brothers. They were the first to notice that I was going through something this month. Luke was the first to guess it was just on my period but he knew it wasn't that. I didn't really explain my feelings to them this time instead I just told them I was depressed and that's it. They questioned me for awhile. Then when I started faking to be happy like I do at school they layed off. We where a least thirty minutes away now and my mom got a phone call. I turned around in my passenger seat to listen to her conversation.
"Okay I understand." Was all she said repeatedly. Until she burst into tears. I knew what had happened. I started to cry. I cried and cried and cried until our flight landed. We were in Washington. My grandmother had passed away.