Chapter 3: In the Past

Everyone in my family is heartbroken that she never told us about her cancer. Especially me. I woke two hours after everyone else did.Considering I cried all night and stayed up thinking. My parents are worried because I was really close to my Grandma. I texted her everyday about everything. She would always tell me not to be to sad when she was gone but I don't think that would have ever been possible. We stayed at a hotel by our Aunt Julie and Uncle Matt's house. My mom stayed with my aunt ,her sister Julie last night. I am worried about my mom. She is being ripped apart.

I finally decided to get up and stop thinking about everything and analyzing everything. We had to meet up with all of our family and talk about the funeral. I put on a long sleeve shirt with jeans and my ankle boots. I starred at myself in the mirror as a tear rolled down my cheeks. I looked like my Grandma to. I had her dark brown hair and her smile. My dad was Hispanic so I didn't have my Grandma's peachy skin. I put hair into a messy ponytail. I didn't care for my makeup.

When I walked to my parents hotel room beside mine I realized they were already gone. Instead of calling to find out where they were I just decided to start walking to my Aunt Julie's.

When I got there mom was sitting in the porch alone, I sat down be side her and she had looked me.
"We have to stay here for some time." She said knowing that I wouldn't like it.
"Okay' was all I said.
She motioned for me to follow her. I followed her inside and my uncle, aunt, their daughter Amber and my two brother, my dad and Wyatt were all sitting at the table. Why was he here? He had no right. He hurt me one year before that. We have started dating when I was thirteen and he was fourteen. We broke up because one he was cheating on me and he was never the person I fell in love with. He was a fake.
" Why is he here" I pointed angrily.
My dad started "Don't start being angry. Your grandmother wanted him here. They were friends to."
"Ugh.. Whatever I said taking a seat beside Amber." He would not stop staring and it was starting to get me angry. I finally you across the room and said" What the crap are you looking at?" "Can I speak with you please?" Wyatt asked me.
"No why would I want to speak to you." I said crossing my arms. My father slammed on the table"Baby we're not doing this like this we have to plan your grandmother's funeral and we're not going to have you fighting with him so speak to him!"
Fine lead the way he began to get up from the table and walked toward the the back door which led to the backyard my in stock yard is beautiful she had orchid and Roses tulips. Rolling my eyes toward him I waited for him to open his mouth. Stop being that way please he said to me I'll just looking sympathetic. Don't tell me what to do why it now what is it you want to tell me. I just wanted to tell you that I miss you saying you how you look everything. Don't don't don't start that crap now I don't want to hear it this is about my grandmother and that's it to leave me alone. I ran back into the house not knowing if he followed.

He entered the room a few minutes later. They had asked me about the colors of the flowers and the music since I knew what she wanted. My grandma had talked about death. Only because she thought she would die of old age. She told me " Honey when I am real real old and I can't remember what I want my funeral to be like a least you will remember." I let a check roll down my cheek. I looked around realizing that everyone was just staring into space.
"Okay I think it's about time for lunch" my Aunt Julie said.
I started to laugh remembering my grandma's request to be put on top of my grandpa's grave. She told me that she wanted that because she was sure he missed her being top of her just as much she missed it .I told her that it might be possible to do it bit she would I don't care if it is they have to try.Everyone stopped moving around and looked at me.
"What??" I asked still giggling.
Luke looking confused asked "Why are you laughing?"
"Uh, I remember her request to be put on uh grandpa." I laughed even harder now.
"What do you mean?" My mom asked me.
"She wants to be placed on top of grandpa because she misses being on top just as much as he does." I laughed and laughed until I couldn't see.
Everyone burst into laughter. We laughed and ate sandwiches for what seemed like hours. But it hit me that she was still gone.