Sweet Revenge

****

"The best revenge is massive success."

****

"Why you're always like that? You're so insensitive," he demanded

"I burn the bridges..." I admitted, "...that's what I do, you idiot."

"But why??"

I looked at him full of hatred and anger and said "He dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose."

"Madam." the valet called.

"Looks like my time here is over. Goodbye Ethan, see you never" I smirked.

"But do you feel guilty?? Like, at all???" He avowed loudly. 

I simply giggled and said "I don't have time to feel guilty. And neither do you. Nice try though."

I was about to leave when he suddenly said what he shouldn't have said.

"That's how you treat me now? For f*ck's sake, I'm your boyfriend!" He argued.

"Boyfriend???" I thundered "Lemme tell you what boyfriend should do."

I clenched my fist and stared like I could kill him now.

"Boyfriends should take care of their girlfriends no matter what. In ups and downs, for better or worse, they should always by their sides. Now tell me, what'd you do? You cheated on me, you ignore me, you would rather die than talk to me. It's been 5 years since we met. I'm different now Ethan, you can't fool me." I stated.

"Just accept the fact that the tables are turned. You live a mediocre life and I'm superior. If you want money, contact my HR department. I'm busy"

I walked out of the building with confidence while my heels click the floor. Hearing my heels click on the floor sounds like power and I like it.

I had been called many things in my life; disgusting, poor, vagabond, exile, outcast. And Ethan treats me worse for the last 5 years. 

And now that I have my revenge, they will look upon me and they would call me Empress.