04

⚠︎︎january 2020

⚠︎︎
january 2020

Carter stood in front of the door to CareFree. The name kinda suited it. The ladies inside were serving a group of teenagers lunch. They were very caring and the cost of this shelter was nothing.

"Thank you, Rian. This was kind and very unnecessary of you." Carter turned around and patted the boy on the shoulder. Hugs were too emotional and overrated.

"The least I could do. Let me introduce you to Lysa (pronounces Lie-sa), Dylan's girlfriend." Rian pushed open the door and was greeted by a couple boys and a couple girls.

One girl with long black hair was smirking in her chair, but not going over.

"Lysa, Lysa, Lysa. How are you?" Rian walked over to her table, pulling Carter by the arm.

"Rian-oceros. Been a while since you've been around. Who's the hot chick on your arm?" Lysa pointed to Carter, her brilliant brown eyes staring blankly into Carter's. Carter extended her arm, pulling her other one out of Rian's grasp.

"I'm Carter. Thinking about staying here. Life is pretty crap right now and that's all you need to know. Hope we can be friends. Unless you're nosy. I hate nosy people. Remind me too much of me." Carter scrunched her nose in disgust.

"You know, I like you. But to give it to you straight, y'all should break up. I've known Rian for years. He couldn't last with your strength and blatancy." Lysa shook Carter's hand.

"Oh, um, we aren't dating. But thanks a lot for that daily boost of confidence, Lys. Really needed it." Rian rolled his eyes. "You'll get along just fine."

"I'll help her get settled, you can go now." Lysa finishes her lunch and picks up her plate whilst shoving Rian through the entrance and out the door.

The next couple of hours after that flew by quite fast. Lysa helped register Carter into the shelter and Carter had to answer some personal questions. Lysa had asked her roommate, Lacey if she could stay in her boyfriend's room -which had an opening- so that Carter could room with Lysa. Obviously, she said yes.

The girls had gone and gotten Carter's things from her house. They obviously went through the window so her parents didn't see her. Now they were chilling in their room, everything newly decorated. The walls were already black from when Lysa moved in, so nothing had to be changed colour wise.

"So, who are you into? What's your type?" Lysa sat on her bed, facing Carter. Her elbows were on her knees and her head was propped on her hands. She looked very interested in whatever Carter was going to say next.