« 27 »

~☽︎~

~☽︎~

So here they were,
waiting for the time to pass and for their baby to be born.

It was around half past 11pm and Seungmin had been in labor for already 13 hours.

To say he was tired was an understatement.

He was exhausted,
he just wanted to finally have his baby in his arms and for the pains to be over.

But instead his cervix was only dilated to four, definitely far from enough if you consider that their baby was big.

The doctor had told them that it was not uncommon for the first baby to take that long, especially since Seungmin's body had to work really hard for their big baby to continue dropping.

So they waited and waited,
each passing contraction tiring Seungmin more and more.
But at least he made progress.

Hyunjin was resting his head beside Seungmin's on the mattress,
his hand caressing the younger's cheek with such care while he watched him with sad eyes.

Small droplets of sweat ran down the brunette's forehead and he whined softly when another wave of pain rolled over his lower body.

Tears were glistening in his eyes and Hyunjin wanted nothing more than to kiss the pain away with his small pecks on his boyfriend's cheek.

"Minnie?"

"Hm?"

the younger grunted softly.

"I love you so much"

he whispered quietly and placed their foreheads against each other.

Seungmin smiled softly and laid his hand on top of Hyunjin's that was still resting on his cheek.

Leaning forward,
he connected their lips into a small peck.

"I love you too Jinnie."

But their little moment was interrupted by another contraction,
a way stronger one making Seungmin cry out and harshly grabbing onto the bed sheets.

Hyunjin immediately noticed that this was a different one, took the small hand and intertwined their hands, letting his boyfriend squeeze his hand to cope with the extreme pain instead of ripping the bed sheets.

"Shh Minnie, breathe.
Deep breath"

the older guided his boyfriend through the contraction,
breathing loudly with him together.