A long day

TW: panic attack

1 week after last chapter

After doing some research, which was difficult because of how much inappropriate things came up. Virgil found out that what he was experiencing was age regression. After finding this out, he managed to buy a pacifier online without his roommates knowing.

Looking at the clock, he realized it was 8 AM. He hadn't slept. Reluctantly getting up, he walked over to his closet to pick out his clothes for the day. He decided on a purple shirt, black ripped jeans and his hoodie. His signature look, what could be better. He decided to grab a skull shaped ring on his way out to the kitchen for breakfast.

Walking over to the table, he's greeted by Patton who puts out a plate of chocolate chip pancakes for him. Patton liked to cook, especially for his roommates.

"Hello Virgil, how was your sleep?" Logan asks attempting to make conversation with him.
"Alright" Virgil answered, not feeling up to talk about anything right now.

Virgil starting to eat his food, feels smaller after realizing that it had chocolate chips in it. Trying to hide it from his roommates, he quietly plays with the strings on his hoodie. Around him his roommates are making conversation, Virgil tools it out while playing with his food. Quickly tuning back in when he hears his name being said.

"You okay Virgil? Why aren't you eating your food?" Patton asks, not wanting to upset him. Virgil starts panicking. He knew how small he was and how small his voice would sound. Not knowing what to do, he got up and ran to his room. Grabbing his stuffed cat, which is now named Gilbert. And his black pacifier with the words "little storm cloud" on it. He sits on the floor of his room, trying to calm himself without making too much noise. Endless thoughts running through his head, he sucks on his pacifier, which somehow calmed him down slightly.

Less then a minute late, Patton walks in his room. Virgil hadn't heard Pattons knocks so he walked in getting worried after he ran from the kitchen table.

Seeing a panicked virgil, he ran over and sat next to him. Then realizing the pacifier and stuffed animal, he's confused.

"Kiddo what's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" Virgil makes grabby hands at Patton, being too small to worry about being caught and just wanting a hug.

Patton immediately gives him a hug, rubbing his back, trying to calm him. They sat like this for 5 minutes before Virgil calmed down enough to talk.

"You alright kiddo?" Patton asks, still curious about the pacifier but ignoring it for now and worrying about the person Infront of him.
"Ye-" Virgil answers, sounding very small. Tears still streaming down his face.

"Are you okay to talk? I have a few questions." Patton thinking he was okay enough now to answer.
"Mhm" Virgil didn't want to, but he also didn't want to be left alone so he was okay with it.

"Alright then, first question. Why do you have a pacifier kiddo?" Patton thought he already knew the answer after putting it together, but wanted to have confirmation.
"m small." Virgil responded. Sounding like a toddler. Patton resisted the urge to aww at the smaller boy.

"I thought so, how old are you right now?" Patton asked. He had heard about this before, although he had no experience in the matter, he though he could handle it. Virgil held up 2 fingers in response. Immediately triggering pattons parenting instincts, he felt responsible for caring for the kid.

"Oh well in that case, you must be very tired right now little one. Let's get you into some comfy clothes so you can take a nap. I'm sure you'll feel better in the morning." Virgil realizing how tired he is, nodded in response. Being picked up and carried by Patton to the bathroom, he points out his favorite pajamas.

Patton waited outside the bathroom while Virgil got changed. Once he was done, Patton carried him to his bed and tucked him in. Handing him his stuffie and paci.

"Nuu! don- go" Patton stopped in his tracks, turning around to see the boy.
"Of course kiddo, I'll stay" Patton sits on a chair next to virgils bed, waiting until the younger one fell asleep before drifting off himself.