Like An Angel

(Thank you to everyone who helped me decide which one-shot to post next. Enjoy!)

Damian's earliest memory of having a friend was when he was 8. His mother had brought him to Paris, France, where he had bumped into a short girl. He didn't remember much about her, but knew that that her name started with M. He remembered how happy she made him feel, and how much he had loved her. He knew that when he had left, he had wanted to take her with him. But he couldn't.

He also remembered that she loved to dance, and had her own style that he loved to watch. When she danced, it was like she was flying across the ground. She would always ask him how she had done and he would always reply,

"You danced like an angel, Angel." It always made her laugh. 

When he moved in with his father and was asked what extracurricular activity he wanted to do, he told Bruce to sign him up for dancing. To remember her. His angel. 

He was surprisingly good at it. The fancy footwork reminded him of swordfighting, which was one thing he was very good at. He recieved much praise for learning so quickly. 

As he grew, he made new friends, but never forgot his angel. He knew that one day he would find her. And he would show her that he knew how to dance. That he learned to dance for her. 

-------------------

Damien entered the dance studio. Today they were working on contemporary ballet. Every week, they brought in a student from around the world, who was good at a specific style they were doing. They would watch and give the others tips, and sometimes even put on a performance for the others. This week, they had brought in a petite girl with blue eyes and dark black hair that almost looked blue. 

"Everyone!" said the instructor. 

"Today we have brought in Marinette, from France, as our student specialist. Marinette, why don't you tell us what styles of dance you can do." The petite girl nodded.

"I can do jazz, tap, ballet and most modern styles," she said, her voice heavy with a French accent,

"But I specialize in contemporary ballet." she smiled.

"All right!" the teacher smiled back at her, before showing the group what they would be working on for that day. Marinette watched the class, pulling a notebook out of her bag and writing in it. 

When the teacher was done showing them what to do, she put them all into separate rooms and let them practice. One by one, Marinette went to each room to see how they were doing. 

When Marinette entered Damien's practice room, he was just starting the routine. Marinette watched him do the whole thing, taking notes. Once he finished, she spoke. 

She first started by telling him the little things, where he did wrong and such. Then she moved on. 

"You're being too tense," she said.

"Loosen up a bit. And try to really feel what you're dancing. Put your heart and soul into it. Put your anger, sadness, jealousy, whatever into it. Try thinking of a person you love while you dance. It's always helped me inprove, and I think it might help you."

Damien closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He thought of his angel, his love for her, his happiness when she was there, and his sadness and anger when she was gone. He danced. He finished the routine and Marinette's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. 

"C'est parfait!" she exclaimed, clapping excitedly. 

"Thanks." Damien said, smiling. 

"À toute heure!" she waved at him and walked out of the practice room. More determined than ever, Damien played the music again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the week, the teacher walked them to the theater where Marinette would perform for them. She walked on stage and beamed at them all. Then the music started and she began to dance.

Marinette's dancing style was......familiar. She was incredibly graceful, like she had been training for years but still retained that freedom of not knowing how to dance and doing it any way that you liked. 

Damien was in shock. He knew her. Memories came flooding back, and he watched in amazement as the girl he had loved flew across the stage. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little later, Damien, Marinette and the rest of the team were at a nice restaurant, having dinner together. Marinette was sitting next to Damien and turned to him to ask a question.

"Be honest with me. How was my dance?" Damien took a deep breath.

"You danced like an angel, Angel."

Hope that was satisfactory. I'm just gonna go on over to Kitty Love and work on the next chapter there. 

Sunyy out!