Soulmates 1

The first of many.......

Marinette hadn't been looking forward to getting her soulmate. I mean, she knew she wanted a soulmate, but the black mark was on her knuckles. She was worried that she would brush fingers with someone and never know who they were. She was worried she'd never find her soulmate.

Most of her friends had gotten their soulmates. Chloe had found hers when they were at the movies. They were watching a particularly scary one, and Chloe had instinctively grabbed the hand to her left, thinking it was Marinette. Marinette, however, was on her right, and when Chloe realized this she was more embarrased then ever. 

Until they left the theater, and Chloe realized that her left hand was glowing all shades of red, orange and yellow. She had raced back and found her soulmate before they left the theater. She had been with Adalene ever since. 

Marinette had given up on Adrien ever since she had grabbed his right arm, where his mark was, to pull him somewhere. Nothing had happened, so she decided that it would be best that she stopped trying so hard. Now, she and Chloe protect him from the many girls that latch themselves onto his arm with the hopes that it would change color. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe convinced her father to take her, Marinette, Adrien and Adalene with him on his trip to Gotham, and so now they were sitting in a hotel room, watching a movie. Marinette sighed. 

"I'm going to go take a walk. Be back in five." Chloe waved and Marinette exited the building. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She could feel eyes on the back of her head and turned to see a dark figure on the road behind her. Without thinking, she squinted and punched him in the face, right on his cheek. She gasped when she realized who it was, by by the time she opened her mouth to apologize, Robin was gone. 

Traumatized and feeling incredibly guilty, she made her way back and plopped on the couch, her head resting on her right fist. She knew Chloe was watching her. 

"What is it?" she said. Chloe pointed to her right knuckles. They were glittering in all the colors of the rainbow. Marinette's eyes widened and she slumped in her seat with a groan. 

"What?" Chloe asked. "You finally found your soulmate! Be happy!"

"I can't be happy when I just punched him in the face!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damien was not happy. He had had another day of people trying to touch the black mark crudely concealed on his cheek. Then he had to go for patrol, where some girl who had been wandering the streets at night had punched him in the face. Just great.

Damien's mother and father both tried to keep his soulmate mark secret. His adopted brothers hadn't even known that he had a mark until they were playing truth or dare (why he agreed to this he didn't know) and Tim dared him to show them his soulmate mark. They had all (understandably) burst out laughing when they saw the shape on his cheek. 

When he got home after patrol, his cheek was sore. He frowned at Jason, who looked like he was trying not to laugh, and then went to the bathroom to wash his face.

Oh no. Oh no no no no no. Not this. Anything but this.

His cheek was glittering in swirls of color. Right where that girl had punched him.

He groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Marinette made her way back to the place where she had punched Robin in the face. She remembered everyone's faces when she had told them about it. Chloe looked positively horrified, and Adrien and Adalene had burst out laughing. She slumped against the wall of some shop, and felt a gust of air ruffle her jacket.

"Robin." she said.

"Hello." from her position, she could clearly see the rainbow marking plastered across his cheek. It took a lot not to laugh at him. She pulled up her arm and showed him the colorful splotch on her knuckles.

"And here I was thinking I'd never get to know my soulmate because I'd only just brush knuckles with him. Lucky me." she said mockingly.

"Yep. A lifetime of girls pressing their hands to my face to check and here I am, with my soulmate, who punched me in the face the first time she saw me."

"Yeah. Sorry about that."

"It's fine. You get used to it when you're a crime-fighting vigilante protecting the most crime-ridden city in the world."

"I guess." 

"But, I must say that that was an impressive punch." 

"Thanks? I guess?" Robin smirked, then grabbed her by the arm and pulled her up over the roofs. She gasped in surprise. She was used to the thrill of soaring through the air, but being pulled along by someone was a totally new experience. She quite enjoyed it. 

They arrived at what Marinette assumed was the batcave, and she was blindfolded. She heard some arguing, and then the blindfold was taken off. Marinette blinked at the light, then saw a bunch of people. Normal people, without masks. 

"We were going to have to tell you later anyway. Better get it done now." said a boy around Marinette's age. An old man approached her with a chair and a glass of water. She sat and sipped slowly, taking it all in. She finally understood everything, and recognized everyone, and did what any reasonable person would have done in this situation.

She screamed.

Damien clamped his hand over her mouth to stop her.

"Don't scream. Please." he whispered, and she nodded. He released her, and she breathed in deeply. 

"Wow." was all she had to say. Then she started to laugh. A real, true laugh. It was contagious, and soon the entire batcave was filled with the sounds of laughter. 

We may have met in the most unconventional way possible, Damien thought. But I think she'll be a perfect part of the family.

And that's the end of that. I hope you liked it! currently, this book has soooo many drafts that i'm going to go through one by one, so I assure you that there's lots more to come! 

Sunyy out!