11. Harsh Reality

"Big boss is back," Jungkook remarks.

I whip my head around to his familiar voice. His expression is stern as if his short journey to unravel the secrets or the subject alone troubled him.

SeokJin is still in the same outfit; the white blouse loosely hugs his broad shoulders and narrow waist paired with the black cotton pants, of his shimmering black hair that is swept to the side. Yet he exudes a dominant aura that can't be disregarded easily.

No wonder he's the prince of the Sanctuary.

But why didn't he admit to it?

"Come here," he beckons.

Despite everyone's solemn reaction, I am becoming increasingly uncomfortable of the vision. Suddenly, I find it hard to focus.

I get up from my seat either way and focus on my balance. I strolled up the small steps to reach the ground level and briefly waved to everyone in the fire pit. Taehyung, Jungkook, and NamJoon wave back and Hoseok nods with a smile.

A sigh escapes from NamJoon, "I still don't understand your prose of language,"

"You'll learn a thing or two about the modern world,"

This new topic confuses me.

As I follow SeokJin out of the chamber, their conversation fades into the background, their unique character blends with the solitude of the mighty mountain.

I guess I'll see them another time.

SeokJin shoves both hands inside his pocket and walks in silence. I feel like I've been caught red-handed for committing a crime that I've never done before. My chest tightens at the growing discomfort.

"I take it you've had your meal?" SeokJin asks.

My heart drops at the mention of the thick red blood. I was too engrossed in the interest of talking this whole time to even think of fulfilling my thirst.

"Oh ... I forgot," I mumble.

This earns a heavy exhale from him.

He turns to the left, leading us back to the main empty hallway.

"S—SeokJin, I'm fine. I'm not hungry yet," I reassure him.

I'm not even sure if I can take another glimpse of the blood bag. After experiencing discomfort two times on separate occasions, I am unsure if I will make it out of this alive.

The broad-shouldered man continues his silence. Usually, I disregard people's silence as something minor. I shouldn't take it to heart and neither should I think a lot about it without verbal confirmation from the former.

However, when it's from SeokJin, I'm uneasy.

I open my mouth, but clamp it shut again.

We enter another chamber, which is completely desolate of any other beings, let alone a single piece of furniture. Somehow, I can sense faint memories of activities that were performed here. It's not clear, but I can make up a few things about an empty round chamber. It's large enough to host a small social gathering.

Six lanterns are hung up on the wall at an equal distance from each other.

I stand rooted by the closed door behind me and shake the worries off my shoulders.

"SeokJin, what are we doing here?" I ask.

He slowly turns around, his sharp-clawed nails digging a cut through his nape. Thick red blood oozes out of his tanned golden skin, which seems to gleam despite the lack of natural light. I release a strained wheeze and clamp my mouth shut. I leaned my back against the oak door and squeezed my eyes shut.