Chapter 9

Arasaka Tower
Night City
08:32am

"Permission to speak sir?" A rough voice asks. A man turns away from the window overlooking Night City. Yorinobu Arasaka.

"What is it." He states with no emotion in his face.

"We are still unaware of Y/n Arasaka's locatio-"

Slam.

A loud sound quietens the soldier. His straight face hides the fear lurking behind.

"I told you, unless you have news that can help us find her location. Do.Not.Speak.To.Me," Yorinobu's tone deepens in anger. After a moment of silence the soldier takes this as an opening to speak.

"We might know who does know her location sir..." Yorinobu lifts his head up slowly looking at the soldier with an unreadable look.

"...we believe Goro Takemura is involved, as well as a mercenary, but no success in finding out his location or his name

"Great," A smirk makes its way onto Yorinobu's mouth.

~

Abandoned building
Ghost town
09:32am

"Are the cuffs really necessary," I roll my eyes at V, while exaggeratingly gesturing to my cuffed right hand. He doesn't look at me as his eyes remain on the road but his eyes furrow, showing that he is listening.

"You're acting like a child, if you don't have a leash, you'll get us in trouble," I clench my jaw at this.

"If you MAYBE stopped treating me like one, I wouldn't act like it!" He sighs. A hand reaches into his pocket and the sound of a jingle enters my ears. V shakes the keys obnoxiously.

"If you want the key, prove that you can be trusted," he places the key back into his pocket. I narrow my eyes at him. Idiot. A groan escapes my lips.

"Where are we going to anyway?" I look around at the environment. The lack of buildings gives me an unsettling feeling. It feels strange leaving the city.

"We are meeting a nomad," I ask in confusion.

"What's a nomad?" V gives me an incredulous glance and turns back to the road, shaking his head.

"Tell me you're joking.." V gives me another glance and notices my confused expression. He sighs and answers.

"They're like pirates in a way. Move around in small gangs, they are like family very close. Once you leave them, it's a chance you will still be welcomed with open arms or disowned," He trails off. A passionate statement.

"Are you a nomad?" He shakes his head. "No," I hum at his answer. We make a turn and the sight of a broken down car appears. A woman is bending down in front by the hood of the car. Possibly trying to fix something. From what it seems. She isn't doing so well.

 She isn't doing so well