The Girls Meet.

Selene:

'Why did you do this to me Kat?!' Selene thought bitterly.

Kat had been Selene's best friend and roommate for the last seven years; since they met in college. They had been inseparable since the minute they met. Selene was jealous of Kat's easy-going nature, she got on well with everyone she met. She was the polar opposite. She found it hard to be open with people she just met. She would much rather be in the library studying than going out to a club with Kat.

Kat wouldn't be deterred, however. She would always drag Selene out of her comfort zone, trying to set her up on dates, trying to get her to upgrade her wardrobe to 'sexy clothes' as Kat called them. Selene had to smile at that. As much as she didn't like Kat dragging her out every other weekend, she adored Kat for trying to bring her out of her shell.

Which brings up the point of why she was on Love Island. Kat had gotten Selene blazing drunk one night, to the point where she would say "Yes" to absolutely anything. Blazing drunk Selene would probably even go skinny dipping if she was dared to! Kat had dared her to sign up to Love Island, to "meet some hotties and spend some time in the sun and out of her head" in Kat's words. Of course, drunk Selene had agreed... but sober Selene had regretted it instantly when the email had come through to tell her that she'd been accepted. Kat had squealed with excitement and dragged her out to go shopping.

So, as Selene got out of the jeep in one of her new bikinis; a pale blue one with lilac flowers on it, she took a deep breath to steady her nerves. She turned as she heard a noise to her right. A gorgeous woman with chocolate skin and long dreads was getting out of another jeep.

"Oh wow, hi! That outfit is incredible! I'm Hope. What's your name, hun?" she gushed, tossing her dreads over her shoulder.

"I'm Selene" she smiled warmly at the striking woman in front of her.

She gave Hope the once-over; noticing her dreads were wrapped with a red headband. Her eyes were a warm chocolate brown, highlighted with gold eyeshadow. Her angled cheekbones were highlighted lightly. She had a broad nose, and her lips were stained with light pink lipstick. She was wearing a multicoloured bikini paired with a green sarong, she had long, shapely legs topped off with a pair of gold heels.

"It's so nice to meet you! I can't believe we're finally here! How are you feeling?" Hope asked.

"I'm actually a bit nervous" Selene replied, deciding to be honest. She had a feeling that she and Hope would become good friends, after all, Hope reminded her of Kat a bit.

"Babe, stick with me and you'll be fine. I was so excited, I almost tripped jumping out of the car. I nearly started my summer of love flat on my face! Can you imagine how that would have looked?" Hope giggled.

"That's because you're drop-dead gorgeous!" Selene laughed back.

"Babes, thank you! You're stunning too. These boys are definitely in trouble! I can't wait to get a look at all the gorgeous guys we're going to be hooking up with! Speaking of which, shall we go inside? I want to check out the bedroom" Hope's eyes lit up with mischief.

Selene followed Hope upstairs to the bedroom. It was huge!! There were ten double beds in just one room. Each bed had snow-white bedding, but decorated with alternating blue and pink cushions and coverlets. There were canvases hanging above each bed; pineapple, doughnut, rainbow, double-stemmed cherry, strawberry, sunglasses, daquiri, starfish, pebbles, and one of an ice cream.

'Whoever owns this place must be rich!!' Selene wondered in awe as she looked around the room. Hope was barely containing her excitement when Selene faced her again.