Chapter 2: The sunlight in a storm

There are a few trigger warnings in this chapter, such as mentions of abuse, and blood.

Ukraine's POV
I sat peacefully in the garden, looking at all the flowers carefully deciding which ones I might use for my flower crown. I liked making flower crowns, and it was always fun seeing the finished product. Our father had always told us the keep our crowns on, but in the garden I'd take mine off from time to time, to test my flower crowns. I looked down at my green dress, sometimes it got uncomfortable and itchy, but I managed to keep it on. I heard a whooshing sound above me, and I looked up to see my brother, Kazakhstan, flying through the sky, even though he could easily escape with his advantage, he never did, for fear of what our father would do.

Russia walked into the garden, and sat down next to me. We didn't have the best relationship, but we tried to make it work. Mainly for our little siblings. "You making flower crowns?" He asked "Yup. Just as usual." I replied. Belarus rushed out into the garden, looking for Russia. "Russ! I think there's a monster under my bed!" I tried my best not to laugh at her. Russia gently smacked me on the shoulder. "There's a monster?" He asked "Yup! I heard a noise, looked under my bed, and saw something weird... just like a monster!" Belarus said. "Alright. Let me see."

Russia's POV
I followed Belarus up to her bedroom, where I looked under her bed. There was something under there, so I reached for it, turns out, it was just one of her plushies. "Well would you look at that! It's one of your plushies." Belarus gasped "Daisy! I didn't realize you were missing!" I smiled at her as she grabbed her plushie, and and ran off with it. I then got up, and walked into the hallway, while I was in there, I walked past my Dad's office. I peeked inside, to see him figuring out royal stuff, pretty boring, but important.

"Russia. Go hang around with your siblings or something, and get out of my way." He said harshly. "Yes, father." I replied. I walked away from his office. I thought about what he had said. "God, I miss the old Dad." I thought. Before my siblings came around and joined the family, it was just me and Dad. He seemed like a happier person back then, but as my siblings came... he stated becoming more of, well, a monster, I guess. "Wait, that's too far..." I thought to myself. But he really was, though. A total bitch.

And, well, after Belarus came, he turned into this emotionless, pathetic, selfish, cold asshole. And, well, I just really wanted to keep my siblings safe from him, taking all the pain. Physically and emotionally. It hurts sometimes, but it's for them, so it counts. Just then, I heard a crash come from the garden, I rushed down the stairs and into the garden, and there it was:

Kazakhstan was on the ground, his left wing, full of blood.