Chapter 4

When I got home Aunt Misaki immediately asked me how my day was. "It was fine I guess, I have to go upstairs to start my homework," I said, shrugging.

 "Oh okay honey," Aunt Misaki said behind me. 

I was so tired from the lack of sleep that I had fallen asleep without doing my homework or eating dinner. The next morning I went through the same routine and left for school at the same time as yesterday.

 I had always been pretty good at memorizing locations and routes so I didn't need to creepily follow the neighbor again. I assumed he had left earlier than usual because I didn't see him anywhere on my way to school.

 I didn't need help finding the classroom either. I sat in the same seat from yesterday and waited for the lesson to begin. Tick Tock. A boring class again.

 I could barely focus until a loud knock was heard on the door, the teacher said "Hinata would you mind checking who that is?" So that's the orange-haired boy's name, Hinata. Hinata lifted himself from his seat and opened the door. A girl that looked around my age came in, she had blond short hair and looked nervous. 

"Um, Is L/n here? She's being called to the office" The girl said while staring at the floor and making sure not to make eye contact with anyone.

 My eyes widened when I heard my name. I got up from my chair and hoisted my bookbag on my shoulder as I walked through the rows full of students staring up at me. I closed the classroom door as I walked out. 

The girl was just beginning to scurry away when I said "Wait! I don't know where the office is, I'm new here." 

"Oh um I can walk you there if you want." She said nervously.

 "That'd be great thanks! My name is L/n, what's yours? I asked her kindly.

 "It's Yachi," She said smiling slightly.

 "It's my second day here, I haven't made any friends yet though," I said, frowning.

 "I can be your friend!" Yachi said excitedly. 

"Really? Thanks!" I said smiling. 

"Well this is the office, I'll see you at lunch," Yachi said smiling along.

 I waved goodbye and opened the door into the office to see a tall man with blond pushed-back hair greeting me. "You must be L/n, I sent a student to go fetch you," He said.

 "Um yeah, I'm sorry am I in trouble?" I asked worriedly.

 "No, absolutely not! I'm Ukai, coach of the Karasuno Boys Volleyball Team." 

I was confused as to why a coach was talking to me until I suddenly remembered I had signed up for the manager position. "Oh, right," I said nodding.

 He motioned for me to go through a door that led into a smaller room that had a desk and two chairs on both sides. I sat down on one of the chairs and Coach Ukai sat on the other. "I called you here for an interview, we want the best person for our team, and this year we had a lot of people sign up," He said.

 "Why's that?" I asked.

 "Well, this certain player on our team has... how do I put it... Fangirls" He said slowly. 

"Who?" I asked curiously. 

"Tobio Kageyama, he's one of the best players on the team and has remarkable ability," Ukai said interestingly. 

"Who's that?" I asked. 

"You don't know who Kageyama is?" Ukai said as his eyes widened as though I had said something insane. 

"No idea. It's actually only my second day here so I don't really know anybody here" I said. 

"Well, so far you seem like the perfect candidate! Tell me about why you want to be the manager." Coach Ukai said, rubbing his chin. 

"I saw two guys playing volleyball from outside of the window in one of my classes and I thought it looked interesting. I also think it might be a good chance to make more friends since I'm new here but most importantly, I want to be a part of something great," I said nodding.

 "Looks like I just found the new Karasuno Volleyball Club manager!" Ukai said excitedly. "The next practice is today after school. I hope to see you there so I can introduce you to the team."

 I smiled and left the office on a high.