Chapter 5

I walked into the lunchroom and began looking for Yachi. I spotted her sitting alone at one of the tables by the far end of the room. I took a seat in front of her and said "Hey!" She jumped a little and looked up.

 "Oh hey, L/n!" Yachi said as she put down a baby carrot.

 I was excited to tell her the good news. "Guess what! I'm going to be the manager on the boy's volleyball team." I said smiling. 

"That's great! The boys on the team are super cute and you'll be seeing them every practice and game! That sounds like a dream." Yachi said, sighing. 

"Well I'll see about that later today, the coach said he would be introducing me to the team during the next practice," I said. 

"I joined Baking club. It's super fun we get to make so many pastries and desserts after school! We should meet up after our clubs, I'll give you some of what we bake today" Yachi said excitedly. 

"Yeah let's walk home together, I live on Sakura Street," I said happily.

 "Oh I live nearby, I live on Blossom Street. It's the street behind yours!" Yachi said.

 We talked for the rest of lunch until the bell rang and we departed to the rest of the day's classes before clubs after school. The afternoon classes were boring, to say the least so once the last bell of the day had rung I was filled with joy. I hastily made my way to the gym so as to not be late. When I arrived no one else was there except Coach Ukai and a man with black hair and glasses.

 "Oh l/n! Come in, come in" Ukai said, gesturing to me to go towards him.

 The man with the glasses said, "Hello I'm Takeda, the advisor to the boy's volleyball team."

 "Nice to meet you, I'm l/n," I said shaking his hand and smiling. 

"L/n let's begin setting up for when the boys come, they should be arriving soon," Ukai said with narrowed eyes. 

We put up the volleyball net in the middle of the court and took out 4 volleyballs for the boys to practice with. By the time we were finished setting up, most of the team had shown up and were beginning to warm up. "Okay boys before we begin practice today I want to introduce you to someone," Coach Ukai said. 

The boys lined up and two particular boys were eagerly watching. "This is L/n, she is the new Karasuno manager. Be nice to her or I'll make you run laps!" Ukai warned. 

"Oh, I know her! We're in the same class!" The boy who I recognized as Hinata shouted excitedly.

 "This is Daichi, Sugawara, Asahi, Nishinoya, Tanaka, Ennoshita, Kinoshita, Narita, Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukishima, and Yamaguchi" Coach Ukai said.

 Most of the boys smiled, waved, or greeted me nicely when their name was called, Kageyama on the other hand merely blinked and kept a serious look on his face. All the boys were wearing matching black tracksuits that said 'Karasuno High School Volleyball Club' 

"Now that you've met her, let's begin practice, we're starting with passing and tossing the balls," Ukai said bossily.

 Immediately I noticed what remarkable ability Ukai was talking about. Kageyama didn't miss a single toss and he was quite competitive against Hinata.

 I walked around asking the boys if they wanted water. "Of course because it's from you," Nishinoya said smiling widely.

 I smiled and walked away. Behind my back, I heard Tanaka say "Give me the water! I deserve the water from a pretty queen like her!"

 "She gave it to ME!" Nishinoya said holding onto the water bottle for dear life. 

"Oh don't mind them, they get crazy around any pretty girl," Sugawara said. I laughed and handed him a water bottle.

 Once the practice was over I cleaned up the gym and went to look for Yachi. I found her sitting on a bench with a box in her hand. 

A few feet away from her I saw Kageyama at a vending machine getting a milk carton. He looked exactly like the guy from the day before. That was when I realized that Tobio Kageyama was my next-door neighbor.