Calamity of Life

Everyone heaved a sigh of relief at the sight of the two of them jumping across the portal. Sakuya was crying, and Keith comforted her, knowing that the end happened to nearly his entire family. Dominicron looked, and asked, "Why are they crying?"

"The boss is gone. Apparently he's that girl's father, so she's crying. As for Keith, his months of pain brought him to help her out." Alexandra replied.

"I see. Anyways, from what I've heard, the Calamity of Life has broken straight through America and is now headed in a certain direction. "

"Which way?" John asked.

"It's cleared out Washington and is now going straight through Mali. At the same time, there's paranormal activity somewhere around the Great Australian Bight-"

John, in utter shock, shouted, "It's heading for Abilitia!"

"Your school?"

"Yes. There's this core we have underneath the school, and if it gets destroyed, our school will lose its power, and the world will definitely be screwed!"

Keith heard those words, and said, "So our biggest threat now is the Calamity of Life. What's its abilities?"

Dominicron started to shudder and break into a cold sweat, before saying, "Kill aura."

"S###."

"Ranged weapons may work, but the problem is that giant black scythe. It cuts in an instant, destroying anything in its way."

"Meaning we'll have to give it all we got."

"Yeah."

"Where are we, anyway?"

The facility lights flickered a little, and the white layout of the surroundings seemed a little threatening to him. He looked around a little, and Dominicron said, "The UK's underground facility."

"Alright. Let's move while we still got the chance. We have people to avenge."

The seven of them walked across the corridor, Sakuya having calmed down a little and Derick staying silent the entire trip, and before long, they came to an industrial-looking set of double doors. Dominicron opened it, and an entire control center was spread out in front of them. An officer came up to them, and Keith recognized him as the operator from days ago. "Good morning kids, anything you need?" he said.

"We'd like a way to beat the Grim Reaper." Alston spoke up.

"The Calamity of Life? Maybe, but as of now, there doesn't seem to be any viable solution. We've tried everything we could, yet-"

"Alright, how about a weapon upgrade?"

"That I can do. Follow me."

Alston followed the operator, and Derick ran up to him as Dominicron was at one of the control stations, talking with one of the other operators. Sakuya spun her knife around, before saying, "I heard you achieved Godmode once."

"Yeah. I didn't want that guy to kill all my friends." Keith answered.

"What's Godmode?" Alexandra asked.

"A word for when someone literally goes into godmode and becomes able to harness every element." John answered.

"Anyone who's achieved it?"

"Nope. Only Keith."

"I see. His undying determination allowed him to do all that. By the way, the Canadian battleship we got was funded by Mr. Beast."