Chapter 8

Lan Ying's POV

"By the way, how's the water ghouls in Biling Lake?" Jiang Cheng asked, taking a sip from his liquor.

"About that... we didn't catched anything which I found it weird." I replied. Confusion was plastered on their face.

"How come you didn't catch anything? For the past 14 years, we always catches dozen of them every month." Jiang Cheng said, taking another sip from the liquor.

"Yeah, I know that and that's why I find it weird." I said.

"Wei Wuxian, remember the giant snake you told us?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, what about it? Is it actually true?" he asked. Jiang Cheng was confused even more.

"What are you guys talking about? Giant snake? Does that even exist?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Jiang Cheng are you dumb? What happened to the Sect Leader of Jiang? Are you even going night-hunt?" Wei Wuxian mockingly asked. "Of course giant snakes exist! Even the divine beast, Xuanwu of Slaughter exist, of course there's a possibility that a giant snake exist. Ah! There's also the Measuring Snake that shijie and Jin Zixuan encountered during the night-hunt in Phoenix Mountain a few years ago." Wei Wuxian continued.

Jiang Cheng was raged. "Anyone can call me dumb except you!"

I chuckled.

I cleared my throat and said, "The world is big and wide, there are many beast and creatures lurking around."

"Lan Shanli is right." Wei Wuxian said, his eyes shut and crossed his arms while nodding his head.

"Does the giant snake has any connection with the missing water ghouls?" Lan Wangji suddenly asked.

"Hmm... I'm not sure yet but someone did saw the giant snake three days ago in the middle of the night. We went to Biling Lake but nothing showed up, the only unusual thing is that there were no water ghouls around the lake. We already set up some nets before we left, we'll just have to go back tomorrow and check if it catches water ghouls." I said.

Chenqing caught my attention that was just laying down the table in front of Wei Wuxian. I suddenly remembered the flute. "The old man that saw the giant snake also heard a sound of a flute, a few minutes after he arrived at the lake, that's when he saw the giant snake." I added.

It seems that the three mens in front of me are in deep thought, maybe their thinking about the current incident happening this week. Even I found it confusing. It looks like the incident in Yunmeng, Yueling, and here in Caiyi Town are done by the same person.

There's also the fierce corpse that the Ouyang Sect encountered. The Ouyang Sect disciple that we sent back to Baling will return here tomorrow to report to me the situation at every nearby villages or town in the area they encountered the fierce corpse.

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng took a shot at their liquor, emptying their own Emperor Smile jar.

"A flute huh... I guess there are still people who copies me." Wei Wuxian said as he removed the cover of the other jar in his hands. He drank the liquor in a few gulps and the whole jar is already empty. He only have one jar left.

"I always wonder why people studies demon cultivation. I mean, what's so good about it?! It's just a useless cultivation that ended my life and the people I love and cherish. Because of me..." he stopped. He took the last Emperor Smile and drank it until it's empty. His cheeks started getting red. It looks like he's drunk already.