17

Lay in a pool of blood, Jasons eyes were still open. His skin had gone pale. Jasons eyes were what scared me. Even when he was dead they were staring at me. Grabbing Marilyn I pressed my head into his neck crying.

"Oh my God." I heard a woman shriek behind us. Turning round I saw Mom on the phone, "Police please ... I'd like to report a murder ... Marilyn Manson ..."

"No!" I screamed at mom. I grabbed the phone away from her. "His name is Jason. I killed him in self defense ..." I gave the details of where we were and the police were on their way.

Twiggy took me to his room where I could get some water. "What happened?" He asked once we'd both sat down in the very small room

"Jason and two men came for me. One of the men let me go and I stabbed Jason and the other man with a fork before running." I said, my hands were shaking uncontrollably. "I never meant to kill. I just needed to get away from them." 

"They'll understand." Twiggy said.

Glancing round the room I spotted a security camera in the corner. At that moment the police entered the room. "Darcie Wood?" One asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm arresting you in association of the death of Jason Kannerdeen." One pulled my arms behind my back and clamped the handcuffs behind my back.

"You'll be okay. This wasn't your fault." Twiggy said as I was lead out the building.

I was walked past mom and dad, Rosie, and the band. Marilyn mouthed "I love you" I nodded to him but all I could hear was mom wailing "My baby. What's she become?!'"

I dropped my head and kept walking. It wasn't my first time in the back of a police car.

My fist collided with her head. Amy Parkinson gripped my hair and I threw punches anywhere I could. She deserved it so much but when I heard a crunch I knew I'd gone too far. Her jaw was hanging open with a bleeding tongue, lip and nose.

The police and ambulance soon arrived and Amy and I were taken away in opposite directions. I got into the police car with the crowds from school booing me and spitting on the window.

Amy was popular and everyone laughed when she took the piss out of me. That day she went too far and I snapped and that was my fault too. She could get her way no matter what and I didn't stand a chance against her. Until we were in court. Mom paid for the best lawyer whereas Amy had a shitty one. I got away free of charge.

In the police car I was shaking and hyperventilating, I tried taking deep breaths but it wasn't working. I closed my eyes trying to find a way of proving I killed in self defense. He was going to rape me. I visualised Marilyns dressing room and tried searching in my memory for any cameras. There had to be cameras. Yes. In Twiggys room there was a security camera so there must be in every room. There definitely would be in Marilyns room since he was notorious for trashing rooms.

"I have evidence! I have evidence that it was self defense! Jason tried to rape me and I can prove it. I can prove he and two others attacked me and I stabbed them witha fork in self defense!" I shrieked, I felt relieved I had solid evidence. I began babbling. I began speaking and just couldn't stop.

And then we were at the station.

*********************************************************************************************************************
I need some help. See I'm from the UK and have no idea about American law or what would happen in this situation. Can someone tell me what Darcie would be sentenced to if she had solid evidence of self defense? If I don't find this out I can't carry on with the story. Thankyou <3
DxsposableTeen