Chapter 13 - Feyre

I couldn't get the feeling of the power Manon and I shared out of my head, it was like a part of me knew her, but I couldn't be curtain.

"Are you ok Feyre?"

I looked at Rhys.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm not sure what happened in the garden though, it was like she completed my power."

"Rowan says you are Carranam, whatever that is."

"I guess we will find out at some point."

"Be careful, she tried to gut me."

"I like her even more."

"Feyre! I thought you were supposed to protect me at all costs, we are mates."

"Just because you are a complete mother hen doesn't make me one."

"You and I would get along perfectly Feyre." Aelin was looking at me, those stunning eyes sparkling.

"I think we would, if I ever forgive you for putting me in a cell."

"You put her in a cell!" Rhys thundered.

"Calm down you prick; you would have done the same to protect me or do I need to run through what happened in the past three years?"

He muttered something that even my fae ears couldn't discern and I pinched his shoulder as we walked into the sitting room we were in before Manon arrived.

"So, why was a cauldron trying to melt your brain Feyre?" Rowan had sat next to Aelin with his arms crossed.

"So, like I said before the cauldron is the foundation of the world, the cauldron has to exist for the world to exist. Along with the cauldron is the Book of Breathings, like calls to like, I was made, and the book was made, only I can use the book, along with my sisters. When I tried to use the book to nullify the cauldron's incredible power it decided it didn't like me and well, tried to melt my brain."

"how were you made?" the question came for Aelin this time.

"I was born human, then..."

I trailed off, Rhys looked at me and took my hand, nodding, as if to say I could tell them, and it wasn't going to hurt me.

"In our world the humans and fae are divided, below the wall are the humas, above the wall are the fae. I lived in a village near the wall, we were poor, so I had to hunt to keep us alive. One day I killed a wolf, the next thing I knew the High Lord of Spring was bashing down my door, calling me a murderer. The wolf was one of his men. He took me above the wall. A Queen was ruling all seven courts, she took the High Lord of Spring and I went to get him back, it's why I freaked out about the cell, that's where she kept me. I freed all seven courts, but she snapped my neck."

Tears were rolling down my cheeks now, Rhys pulled me against him, and I carried on.

"When I died, I pulled on the thread between me and Rhys and watched as all seven High Lords stepped forwards and offered a spark of their powers, I came back but I came back Fae. I have the powers of all the courts and that's why I can use the book."

There were all staring at me in stunned silence.

"Feyre" I looked at Rhys "Elain said something at dinner the other day, we all knew it was a prophecy, but we had no idea what it was about, do you remember it?"

"When two worlds meet the elements will clash. A girl of light and a girl of dark must join together to create the cage, or a creature of fire and ice will destroy their worlds."

I knew I was the girl of darkness, who could be the girl of light and what creature could destroy my home?

"I'm the girl of light." I looked at Aelin.

"And I am the girl of darkness, we guessed that much already. So now all we need to do is work together to create a cage for a beast who neither of us have ever seen, shouldn't be too hard."

"Amren." I whipped my head to Rhys.

"What has Amren got to do with this?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"You know what she became when she emerged from the cauldron, her power was frozen flame, what if not just one rip appeared in her world, what if one appeared here too."

"I'm really hoping you are wrong Rhys."

"Hate to butt in but who is Amren?" Aelin didn't look at all sorry to have interrupted. I looked to Rhys to explain this to them.

"Amren is our second command, she is a creature from another world who came to our home world a very long time ago, she was trapped in a fae body but Feyre freed her of it, the creature she became, who she was in her home world, it was a creature who's power is frozen flames, I think one of her kin is here."