1

It was a beautiful day in the Kingdom of Ibis. For this was the day their first prince was born.

The king had invited everyone he was common with to the castle, to celebrate the birth of the prince. The prince was laid in the crib, just in front of the Kings' Throne. Everyone was giving their blessings to the prince, and one of those was from the prince of the neighboring Kingdom Fukorodani.

The prince with wild hair sheepishly walked behind both of his elder sisters, the two gushed and squealed at the charming child, the baby babbled in response. "Koutaro! Get in here." the elder pushed her little brother, the little boy huffed in response, he bowed at the king and looked at the baby, his little scowl softened, the baby was so adorable!

"..H-Hi," Kou whispered, he handed the gift, his gift, in a rushed manner. It was a small pendant, wasn't that too big for a baby to wear, wasn't too small for an adult to wear either, it had a little design which signified a heart, a little owl in the middle. The baby took it, "His name is Keiji, Akaashi Keiji." the kind boasted proudly.

"Hi..Akawshi."

"Kou-Koutaro! Say his name properly!" she whisper yelled, the king chuckled, "My it's alright, he'll manage." Koutaro smiled at the prince, while the baby babbled and strokes the boy's cheek lightly, the King looked at the Queen, the mother of Koutaro, Queen of Fukurodani. Having the same spark of an idea, both smiling in delight at their children.

After the short chit-chat, the children went back, the king of Ibis and queen of Fukurodani exchanged words, and with that, the two boys began to meet each other every summer. Hoping that those would make the two grow in love.

——

"No father! I don't want to!" Keiji whined and hid behind his door, his father has a weakness for his child, so convincing him was quite difficult. "But dearest we must! It would be rude not to show up after their long journey." Keiji huffed and finally peeked, he was wearing the garments just fit for the royal family. "I'm supposed to be playing with my piano father." Keiji was 8 at that time, having the first summer of the arrangements his father and the Queen of Fukurodani made.

He refused to meet this prince.

"Now now my sweet it's time- up we go!" he carried Keiji, making the boy protest, but soon enough made a fit of giggles. "Here we go 'Ji." he flopped his son down, the prince stood up as he should and cuffed his clothes, wincing at the crown in his little head.

"What a pleasure to meet you, Akaashi-sama." the Queen spoke, bowing her head, Keiji immediately shied away and hid behind his father. The king protectively yet gently pressed his sons back. "It is alright. Koutaro-kun?" he peeked to search for the younger, he was still the same, although timider, and his previous scowl now reappearing. "Hello.." he muttered, the queen quickly gave a small part to her son, ushering the other to continue.

Koutaro looked at Keiji, while the ravenette frowned. Akaashi sighed and extended his hand for Koutaro to take, the male looked up at her, "Do I have to Mama?" she went a bit red from that, a bit embarrassed, "Yes, follow what you have studied." Koutaro sighed, he gently took Keiji's hand and leaned down, kissing it.

"Yuck!" both boys exclaimed and pulled themselves away, Keiji wiped his hand at his side while Koutaro wiped his lips.

The King and Queen chuckled, believing it was young love.

Both boys looked up at their chuckling parents, looking appalled, seriously what were they thinking?

The two boys walked around the garden, Bokuto casually picking up the pretty flowers. While Akaashi was kicking the rocks.