II.

Kai doesn't know how it happened but since the first reply. The constant conversation in the notes that Beomgyu regularly leaves on his desk now has become a little routine between them. Even with the constant judging eyes, he gets from Taehyun for acting so weirdly, he still managed to keep their conversation a secret even with his very own bestfriend.

And aside from all that, no one could notice their interaction which helped a lot because any interaction that is from a famous student to a non-famous one would cause chaos. Kai remembered how he helped a girl once that slipped in front of him and then everyone started a rumor that he was in a relationship with the girl, turning everyone to bully the said girl and made her transfer away, and in exchange, they got Beomgyu.

This time Kai can converse with Beomgyu freely even if they're just talking about Gef. Funnily enough, Kai is contented with them just exchanging quotes from the talking mongoose.

But the most fun of it all was that Beomgyu has no idea who's he's talking to. One time he left a pink sticky note for the first time (when they use to exchange old scratch paper notes) with a black pen written, "Who are you?"

And Kai being the prankster he is (maybe not as prankster as Yeonjun) he just simply wrote down "-Gef :)" like his first reply.

The next response from Beomgyu made Kai laugh. Beomgyu's replies consisted of confusion and a possible belief in his replies. "Are you really?!" replied Beomgyu from the note.

There was a time where Kai would catch Beomgyu reading his reply too. He sees a little smile even Beomgyu is always facing on the side to the window, Kai could just see his reaction into the reflection.

Needless to say that the little 'notes' thing they have and with Beomgyu not knowing who he is, elated Kai knowing that Beomgyu smiles at his replies too. Sometimes it makes him want to reveal his name and stand upright then and there and tell Beomgyu the truth but thankfully before he could even do so, Taehyun snaps him out of his thoughts and invited him to the cafeteria.

"You know the guy I told you guys about who's threatening to take my position as the highest rank? He's almost there to beat me and Im kinda fussed." Kai ignores Taehyun ranting to Soobin who's listening with open ears. At least there's still Soobin he could talk to because Kai is on the verge of losing his life with a bet of a meal on the line.

"You better save your throne king," Soobin tells Taehyun while Kai pretends to agree and hums, but also starts to whine when Yeonjun started nudging him.

"How about you? Just let these two play?" he heard Taehyun ask Soobin, but Kai paid no mind. Yeonjun seems to get distracted for a minute then making Kai finally had a chance to beat him and for somewhat reason. He did win.

When Kai gets home and finished the shower, he immediately went to lay down on his bed as if the little basketball game he had with his friends earlier has deteriorated his body. Like his body is being pulled down to bed with gravity, heavy. And the fact that he still has his hair wet but he's comfortable, he knows his sister always hated this habit of his.

Kai never really listens. Not just from the constant sleep, he does at school that makes him miss out a lot on lessons and in anything in general. From his classmates talking to even sometimes to Taehyun who literally threatened him earlier of cheating. Just as Kai takes anything easy, he also pays no mind to a lot of stuff.

But of course with the things that recently happened. He remembered the note he took earlier from Beomgyu's desk which of course a message for him. Even the fact that these notes went from just quoting Gef to talking about Gef to Beomgyu talking to him makes Kai feel like there's finally something in the world to look up to and with it specifically be Beomgyu's notes.