V.

Taehyun started sitting at the back corner of the class, he told Kai that it just 'To study hard' but Kai feels his heart heavy of that. Beomgyu started sitting beside him too and all he keeps talking about was about Soobin. Yeonjun stopped coming to the cafeteria, he said that "Have to concentrate on the dance club!" but the way he's avoiding Soobin like a plaque just confirms he's upset.

Thankfully, on a Friday after school. Soobin isn't busy which means Kai can finally invite him to go to the arcades even if it's just the only two of them.

They first talked about Taehyun. "It feels like that time again where he started saying no to us every time we invited him to play. Taehyun really takes his study seriously..."

"I'm just worried that he'll fall into the pressure like he was before," Kai sighs, "You know that Taehyun was influenced by his family to achieve the most unachievable dreams right? I'm scared that Taehyun will fall into that darkness again."

"Have you noticed Yeonjun too now recently? It feels like he's avoiding me even though he's the same with you these days."

"I dont know." Well actually, Kai has a big hunch that Yeonjun is just jealous but he won't tell Soobin that. He's not a snitch. "He's probably jealous because you and Beomgyu are always together."

"Me and Beomgyu-" Soobin opened his mouth, stuttering, his eyebrows where burrowed. "Listen. I dont know why Beomgyu is on me but I just accept his free things, I didn't know he's that rich man and you know me! I like free things."

"Gold digger?" Kai jokes then laugh when Soobin smacks him on the arm for that one which made him laugh harder.

"And besides why would Yeonjun be so jealous when he's been doing that with you to me for like months!" Soobin sighs, calming down and looking at Kai straight to eye, "He's been paying more attention to you more now these days, you know?"

Kai was confused for a minute. Yeah, he's noticed that for the past weeks Yeonjun had always been close to him. With the games, the arm pulls and cheers from his every concert but Kai is more interested with the fact that Soobin is upset by it, "Hmm, so you two are just pushing and pulling?"

"Like you do with Beomgyu yeah." Soobin rolls his eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't be stupid Kai," Soobin pointed out, "Isn't he the one you were courting at that special event? That's why I didn't really go out with him aside from the fact that I like someone who's an idiot (yeonjun) I wouldn't steal my best friend's man, you know?"

Kai likes a lot of things. But he likes music the most, loves it actually. He also likes algebra class even though he sucks at it so bad. He likes sitting beside Taehyun because the others help him and they talk a lot about stuff even if it's mostly gossiping about their professors.

He also likes Yeonjun from the games they do to Yeonjun always looking out for him and includes him in anything. Don't know how to skate? Don't worry, Yeonjun will be patient teaching you. He likes Soobin too, they're the closest and it seems like all problems will disappear when he talks with the older because the other understands him the most.

Maybe it's the fact that he likes the things that are connected with him deeply. Something that he already knows and could understand, like drumming that he's an expert at.

He even forgot the whole thing about Gef, actually, he found the story of it to be so weird in the first place. He only really had an interest because of the music that was based on it.

Kai wonders why. Why would he leave a note on his table on the day that Kai would be assigned alone to clean? Why would Beomgyu pretend he didn't know him? Why did he start to act so differently after meeting him?

The students around him used to whisper "Choi Beomgyu is a ghost"

Who's Choi Beomgyu from the past and the one that he knows now?

The sudden thought came crashing to Kai's brain. He couldn't sleep. This is just like the same back when he wanted to apologize to the girl before she went away. He just woke up from class and all he heard from their professor announced her disappearance was that "Beomgyu will attend classes next month please look forward to that."