To give me comfort

It was winter break.

Shoto Todoroki had asked his two closest friends to come on a trip with him and his family. They were trying to rebuild their strained relationship and although wanted that as much as the rest of his family, he just wasn't the social type and had asked Izuku and Momo to lighten the load. Of course, they agreed and were even more so willing to go once they heard it was at a hot-springs resort in the mountains.

"It's your power, not his!" Izuku yelled out before they all laughed out. They were reenacting their fight at the sports festival in Izuku's room. This time instead of letting out all his flames he just let out a few embers that were quickly put out by Momo who was acting out the role of Midnight as the ref. At the climax of their make-believe fight, Shoto threw a pillow at Izuku and he pretended to crash into the wall.

"Midoriya has left the ring, Todoroki is the winner." Momo declared before they all chuckled. "Oh, that was fun. What do you guys want to do now?"

Shoto yawned, "I'm actually pretty sleepy. It's been fun guys but I think I'm going to bed." He said good night to them and left for his room.

Momo seemed to agree with him. "It is getting late. I should be going to bed as well."

"Oh, okay Yaoyorozu, goodnight." He said as she made her leave. Now that he was alone, Izuku planned to go to the hot-spring to unwind before going to bed.

It was snowing at the resort causing it to contrast with the steam.

"Aah." He sighed out content as he slowly submerged himself. into the hot-spring.

"Oh, it seems we had the same idea."

"Huh?" Izuku turned to the voice, "Y-Yaoyorozu? I thought you were going to bed?"

"I am, I was just looking for a moment of relaxation." She was only covered by a towel. Her porcelain skin had a midnight gleam and her usual spiral ponytail was clipped into a bun, giving her a more mature allure.

Izuku quickly looked away when he saw how it barely covered her. She giggled a little before thanking him for being respectful. "Don't worry, Midoriya, I know you're not like some of our other classmates."

"Yeah, but still..." He couldn't express his attraction, deciding to lower half of his face into the water to hide his blushing cheeks.

She either ignored him or didn't hear as she started to dip her toe into the water to get a feel before entering it, sitting beside him. She was most likely unaware of how uncomfortable Izuku was. He almost put his entire head into the water when he saw her remove her towel from his peripheral vision, hearing the wet towel land in a slosh behind them.

"Aah, that's better." She sighed.

Izuku's brain was on overload. 'Does she not realize how bad this looks.' He was literally alone with a girl and neither of them were wearing clothes. It was embarrassing and exciting at the same time and he didn't know what to do.

"If only Todoroki would get flustered like you." So she was aware of his uncomfortable situation.

"H-Huh?" Her question caused him to get out of his thoughts and talk to her. "What do you mean?" Until he actually heard what she said, "Wait, Yaoyorozu, you like Todoroki?"

"I want to but hope is fleeting." She had a half-lidded gaze, staring at the snowflakes that would melt from the steam.

"I... I know what you mean. For a while, I thought Uraraka and I would be something but now, I don't know."

They started to tell the other about the fading crushes that they both had and it was so natural that he forgot the situation they were in. Eventually, they were talking about random things like antics at the dorms and their shared taste in subjects of study.

The snow clouds were starting to disperse revealing the cold night sky to them.

"It's beautiful..." She let out awed by how illuminated it was without the city lights around.

"Yeah, it is." Just as amazed.

And they stayed together, sharing the endearing sky.

"Ne, like this, winter doesn't feel so cold, does it, I-zu-ku?"