My Story

My name is Delaine, but everyone calls me Dee for short. This story is about how I came to being in Neverland with Peter Pan. My life here is wonderful. I'm free to do what I want when I want to do it, and how I want to do it. We don't have bed times, there's no one here to stop us from doing what we want, and the best thing is we really are free. My friends and family don't know where I am. I ran away with Peter when I was 13. I have no regrets, well there is one, there is a guy that when I'm not with him I feel lost. I come back sometimes at night and check on everyone. Most of them weren't even upset, some were but aren't anymore. There are 2 that still look for me. The one I told you I felt lost without, but I think he does it because of my one true friend who still looks for me. Her name is Fionan, we call her Fi for short. She was the only true friend I ever really had. I wanted so bad to tell them I was alright and safe, but Peter banned me from it. Trust me you don't want to break the few rules we do have. It kills me to see them cry. Peter usually watches me when I come back tho. I'm 14 now but I haven't changed much. Well I mean I do live in the place where you never grow up. Peter said we do grow up till we are 16 then we stop growing. So I have a couple years left till I stop growing up.

I wish I could save Fi and Jack. Jack is my ex-boyfriend that still upset about me disappearing. (The one I feel lost without.) I've tried to talk Peter into it so many times but I get the same answer every time, 'Dee I know you care about them, but there are already so many people here to take care of.' Of course, I continue to complain about it tho. I run to the edge of the island a lot and sit on the cliffs and cry. No one ever goes to the cliffs because one time when Peter was gone, a lost boy named Caleb, tried to take over. Anyone that went back against him. He tried to throw off the cliffs, 4 of the lost boys died trying to save what was rightly Peters. The only time they come here is on the anniversary of that day. Peter has been so good to me, he makes me feel right at home since I am the only girl on the island anymore. Wendy never stayed here like the stories say, she came with her brothers they got homesick and went home. We are always singing, dancing, and partying. It is so fun here I never want to go home. Peter and I have got loads of things in common. We will sit in the tree house and look at the stars while telling stories. He really is the greatest guy ever. (other than Jack, I miss him so badly.) Peter has taught me how to hunt, fish, shot, and some magic. He said when I turn 16 he'll teach me all magic. So I can be like him. I can already fly and snap my fingers and be at the place I wish.