Flashback

"Dee come on!" My cousin, Magnolia said. All my friends and family call her mags for short. "I'm coming!" I yell back down to her. It was the night of our Christmas party/Winter dance at school. I came down the stairs in a pretty blue dress, that went to about my knees and silver high heels on. Mags looked at me in amazement that she actually got me to wear it. "I cannot believe I have this on." I look at her and then looked down at what I had on. "Come on, they are waiting for us," she complained. There weren't any guys going with us but, one Mag's boyfriend, and just a whole bunch of me and my friends going to hang out. My mom met us at the door. "Okay, be back by 10 o'clock now, y'all hear, I can't believe your dad is letting y'all wear those dresses?" She said as we were walking out the door. We really didn't care and didn't look half as bad as some of them who were going to be there. You already know what I had on, but Mags had on a pretty pink dress that was a little above her knees and silver high heels on. So I really don't know what my mom was fussing about. We made it to the dance and met up with our friends. The dance started okay and then ended in a whole bunch of drama. We were all mostly standing around talking if a good song came on we would dance a little bit and then start talking again. "Who is that?" Mags pointed towards the door. There was a guy standing there none of had ever seen before. "WOW! He is fine!!" Mags said then remembered that her boyfriend Alexander, we call him Alex for short, was standing right beside her. I popped Mags in the back of the head. "Dee why don't you go talk to him," she said I turned to look at him. "What?! Why?!." I said shaking my head. Just about 2 weeks ago me and now ex-boyfriend broke up. I'm totally over it but I said I was done with love and relationships for awhile. Mags, of course, pushed me towards him. I tried to push back, but the rest of my friends joined her side before I knew it I was standing beside him. Well actually kinda on him Mags and them thought it would be funny to push me into him so I had to say something. "Omg, I'm so sorry," I said then looked up to see him. "No it's my fault," he said smiling (he had the perfect smile) "Hey my names, Jack, you are?" He said sticking his hand out. "Hey Jack, my name is Dee," I said most likely blushing like crazy. "Dee, what a perfectly gorgeous name," he said as he smiled and winked at me. I looked down blushing turning 50 shades of red. "Hey Dee you want to maybe dance or something," he said as he reached his hand out not giving much of a choice. We started dancing and the night went by great till we heard a scream come from outside the door. Everyone looked around to see who it was. I ran to find my friends and Jack followed. "Mags, Alex, where are y'all," I said screaming fearing the worse. We ran out the door one of my friends was laying on the floor with her hands covering her face crying and screaming. "Who did this!? What happened?!" I screamed out in fear where was my cousin. I heard someone yell it sounded like mags voice. I ran to the sound and sure enough, mags had someone pinned down beating them up. I ran over trying to make her stop when one of the friends of the person she was fighting with grabbed my hair, and then we started fighting. Jack tried to get me to stop, but it didn't do much good tho. After some time went by some teacher and school administrators finally got there and were able to pull us apart. They took all our names down and told us to call our parents we were leaving. That they would see us Monday. We already knew we were in for it. Me, Mags and our group of friends we hang out were always in trouble. There was no doubt about it, everyone in the school knew how we were and learned real quick to avoid arguments or fights with us. Jack ended up going home when we did. This is how Jack and I met after that night we became close friends never did I think I would fall madly in love with him.