Chapter Three

George was the first one to withdraw the hug. He stared down at his feet.
        "I'm sorry," He murmured. My heart quickened as I realized what he was embarrassed about.
       "Are you serious? A hug is just a hug, and a best friend is just a best friend. Don't look too much into it, George," I reassured him. George locked eyes with me, his sirupy brown eyes glimmering. I could so easily get lost in them.
      "I just... I'm not comfortable with it," He replied simply. I ruffled his hair with my knuckles playfully and chuckled.
       "Alright," I agreed. George smiled as I lightened the mood.
       "Do you wanna play Minecraft?" George suggested.
"And record a video or stream?" I added. George grinned and he began to fidget restlessly with excitement.
"Yeah! I wonder how our viewers will react to me staying over for a bit," George agreed.
"I can only imagine the things they'll say. Especially the shippers," I scoffed. George's face turned bright red.
"Sto-o-o-p," He uttered. I suppressed a laugh. Our gazes met once again, and our smiles faded as we dozed. George's soft brown eyes made my heart beat quicken. I glanced at his lips, but refused to think of him in that kind of way. No. He was my best friend. Only.
After a long moment of silence, George broke away from my gaze. My stomach churned as I realized what had just happened.
"Do you have any spare computers or desktops or anything I could use?" George asked me, shifting his weight from one leg to the other.
"I do, actually, but it's hooked up to my desktop right now. I can unhook it and link it to a keyboard so you can play. It'll take a while, though, I haven't untangled the cords under my desk in forever," I replied, rushing the words as I tried to break the awkward tension.
"Great," He mumbled simply.

After setting up his computer and Twitch, we finally loaded up the server. George started his stream and added face cam. I bit my lip, hoping his screen wasn't in view of me. I wasn't ready for a face reveal.
"Hi guys!" He greeted his viewers. "We have a special guest today in our stream..." George positioned his hand on the side on the screen as if he were about to turn it, but noticed what he was doing. "Oops, I almost just did his face reveal without his permission."
Suddenly, the chat blew up with spams of, "DREAM!?" I smiled and suppressed a laugh.
"Yeah, you guessed it, it's Dream!" George announced as if it weren't already obvious. He glanced at me, as if asking permission to turn to screen to me for proof. I hesitated. Did I want to keep this up? How could my insecurities stop me from this, its been long enough.
I shook my head, though. I wasn't ready, and if I was I'd do it on my own channel not on George's stream.
"Okay, we're going to just join the SMP server and— oh— um," George seemed reluctant to read the chat aloud, and I opened up a tab to see what they were saying. I cringed. Do a Q&A! Are you guys moved in together? Now that you are living together, you have to do something. Hint hint.
"Should we do a Q&A? I mean, of course with donations," I wondered aloud. George shrugged.
"Why not, this is pretty huge," He agreed. I watched as George enabled pop up donation.
Immediately, donations began to spill in.
"What made you want to come to Florida, or is Dream in London?" George read aloud. "I'm in Florida, and I planned this for months now." Months? Wow.
I decided to read one aloud. "Can you tell Dream you love him and have him say it back?" I snickered. I exchanged glanced with George, and he was blushing. The chat exposed him, and he quickly defended himself that he wasn't blushing.
"I love you George," I teased. I never took this 'flirting' seriously, as we both knew it was a joke. Yet when I said that, George appeared to be flattered.
"I'm not saying it back. It's not happening," He refused, folding his arms defiantly. I smiled, thankful the camera wasn't on me. He changed the subject as he read another donation. "Did you guys move in together, and when did you go?"
"I left London on Tuesday, and no we're not moved in together. I'm just staying over for..." Turning to me he asked, "How long can I stay here? I don't have a specific time to be back in London, but I can't stay here forever because my house and other stuff is in London."
"You didn't decide?" As I glanced at the chat for suggestions, I snorted with amusement as pretty much all the comments were "forever!"
"I'd say maybe a week or a little longer if you want," I replied.
"Two weeks," He resolved.
"Three," I disagreed.
"One."
"Two," I concluded. George was satisfied. He spun around once in his chair then turned back to the screen as donations flooded in. He straightened in his chair.
"Can you show Dream's face?" George said aloud. He glanced at me again. I didn't shake my head, nor nod. Maybe it was something I needed.
"Dream, I need you to answer me. A blank face does nothing to help," He scoffed. I very hesitantly nodded. George's eyes widened and he stiffened.
"Are you sure?" Once again, I nodded. My heart couldn't possibly be racing faster as George slowly turned the screen towards me. I cringed as I saw my face on the screen. I avoided looking at the screen, so I kept my head turned to George. He looked guilty and embarrassed.
"C-Can you read the chat aloud to me?" I stuttered, fidgeting with my hoodie strings and staring down with embarrassment. George aimed the screen back on him.
"Sure," He agreed. "Dream, you look so—" He paused, and I figured it was something rude. "Handsome." I raised my head and froze. Really?
"Dream you didn't need to be scared, You look as cool as your fan art, you didn't need to be insecure," He read on. I was surprised at the support I was getting.
"Wow," I breathed, my voice faltering. My eyes watered both with happiness and with shame that I was afraid of how I appeared.
"Since you were already exposed, do you want to come into the frame?" George for some reason made 'exposed' distinct, his British accent stronger.
"I guess," I murmured. George slid the screen back so the range was larger and I pulled my chair closer to George as he scooted away a bit.
I smiled awkwardly as my face appeared. George began to jump from tree to tree on a Minecraft tab he had pulled up beside the tab of Twitch.
"That wasn't too bad, right?" George muttered. I shrugged.
"I guess not," I agreed. Except this is when people are going to demand to see me wheeze, have face cam in all my videos, and worst of all want to see me and George kiss. At least, I was sure they were jokes.