2

+your pov+

Once I'd made it home I unloaded my bag of groceries before staring out the glass door leading to my balcony. I was debating with myself on if I wanted to chill out in the rain, I was basically already soaked and there's something peaceful about looking at the stormy clouds it put me at ease. I opened the door, grabbed a electronic cigarette that had laying around for this exact reason, after all cigarettes weren't water proof, I can't get it drenched but it'll be safe in my jacket pocket.

Hydrangeas and other spring flowers also sprouted from underneath my wooden deck ,creeping up the rails. The soothing floral smell mingled delicately with the fresh sent of rain giving the air a serene feel to it , if it wasn't raining I'd be reading. Placing my hood back up I walked out into the wet air and found a suitable spot before lowering down onto the hard wood. I finally was able to realx in my own little tranquil sanctuary.

The past three months I'd spent learning to be on my an and in utter seclusion.

The desire to mingle with other human beings had just died, everything required so much effort and the pay out was hardly worth it. Family never meant Jack to me either , dad couldn't abandon me fast enough after mama passed.

My phone buzzed, pulling me back from the memories and keeping me from dwelling on something so far gone, Its a message from my editor.

<The script you gave me was depressing! When did your writing get so melancholy?!> I looked at the text with slited eyes before I typed out my response.

<Use a different pen name and give it to a different editor and get their opinion.> The script it's self wasn't bad but there's a huge difference from dark themes and a dark book. Most publishers tend to shy away from going too dark so I might actually be pushing it this time.

<You're a pain in my ass you know that! I'll do it but you need to update your address so I can vist you!>

<hell no!> The last thing I wanted was the jackass banging on my door disturbing my new found peace. I was enjoying my time alone and didn't need more nuances bothering me. I was finally relaxing again until a familar song played souring my mood. It was a song that my ex and I had claimed as our own, I turned off the phone, ripped out my earbuds then looked to the sky letting my tears mix with the rain that fell on my face. I kept smoking until my head and stomach pleaded with me to stop, the sudden urge to hurl convinced me to stop.

Standing up made the sensation double as my vision got blotchy and I became severely light headed. Stumbling into my house I slammed the door shut then started stripping the wet article of clothing and throwing them to the side. Hurriedly I climbed back into the seclusion of my bed and crashed onto my blanket.

The was night was brimming with cryptic dreams throwing me from setting to setting, feelings of love, despair, and fear seemed to grip my subconsciously in a tight vice.

When I opened my eyes next I was cover in cold sweat and feeling stuffy in my cubby. Outside is no longer light at all and complete darkness as covered my small home. I reach for my phone and check the time.

'3 am'

I groaned and stretched feeling wide awake and alert. I throw back and forth the idea of a nice late night/ early morning hike the nearby woods would be best. There was a small trail I found not too long ago that went up the side of the mountain over looking a part of the valley that held a large farm, it was peaceful and nobody would be crazy enough to be there at this time of day, or I guess night doesn't matter. The rain clouds had all dispersed letting me know it had stopped raining for a couple of hours at least, letting the stars and the moon illuminate the dark night. I packed my bag with the small pour over coffee pot tools and all, with some water to boil and a fire starter before finishing up.