Chapter 7: Day 2 of the Killing

7:58 PM Mia

I'm outside idiot

                                                            7:59 PM (Me)

                                                               Get lost

I stuffed my phone into my pocket and took some deep breaths. I wanted to go Riley's house to get some proof that she is actually the killer. I needed to get to the bottom of this...

I pulled my hood over my head and slipped out of my window. I couldn't risk walking through the front door because my mom would ask me where I'm going. I didn't call a taxi because then Riley would see the car. So i walked over to her house. Over the atmosphere, the sky swallowed the dimmed and dull sun as evening fell. Riley was sitting on her bed. I thought she went to another party to kill another person but I was wrong. I was exasperated, i let out the frustration onto the surrounding nature, kicking the bark of the frowning tree. I sat down because my legs were hurting and CREEK... I unknowingly sat on a dead branch. Fear choked me with its murderous hands. Without warning, Riley stood up and looked through the window. She saw a snack that i placed in my back pocket. Riley knew that was my favourite chocolate. As she went outside she looked everywhere but couldn't find me. I was hiding behind a car...

I suddenly remembered that my mom said i had to go to sleep at 10 because there was school tomorrow. I ran and ran until i reached my house. I climbed on the pipes and opened my window. I jumped onto the bed and turned on my laptop. Just in time. She opened the door and said:

"I thought i heard something. Close the window it's too cold in here"

After i closed the window i told her that the sound was coming from my laptop and i had to do a variety of exercises for P.E. She said okay and went back downstairs.

I took some deep breaths and made a group chat of Mia and Liam. I started the video call and explained about the situation. They didn't believe me and said they don't want to be my friends anymore. I was so distraught. I confidently said to myself "I don't need friends. I have my own company"