Chapter 1~ First Love

First Love

°●°☆°●°☆°●°

°●°☆°●°☆°●°

It had been a week since Ethan had arrived in Brazil, and had settled into one of the basecamps in a sector of the Amazon rainforest.

When he first arrived, he was checked into a hotel for a night, and so he was not able to witness the full impact of the outbreak. However, when he arrived at the basecamp, adorning all of his protective gear, he saw the full impact. Almost two hundred indigenous people were affected by the unknown virus, with over fifty medical staff infected as well.

The whole scene was catastrophic, and althought he had mainly come there for an entirely different reason, he found himself wanting to stay to at least diagnose and solve the mystery right it front of him. After all, he did become a doctor for a reason.

To solve the unknown.

He had spent the first week, mainly collecting samples from several patients, including some doctors who had been infected, to study and understand the DNA strand of the bacteria in the virus.

Ethan entered his personal tent, which was set up for him as an accomodation for the next two months or so. WHO offered to get him a room at a hotel just at the outskirts of the rainforest. However, Ethan had pressed that it would take at least two hours to travel back and forth, so he took the risk and inconvenience of staying at the basecamp itself, to treat and diagnose the patients much more efficiently.

He placed some of the lab results he had just received regarding the virus, onto the foldable table in his tent, before picking up his flask filled with coffee and taking a long sip of it. He found himself staying up very late to study and research as every time he closed his eyes to fall asleep, he would think of her.

Blue Hunter.

When he was not thinking of medicine, he would be thinking of her. She was like a virus of her own, whom had infected every single living cell in Ethan's body, consuming all of his thoughts, his time and energy.

It had only been a week, but he already missed her. He found himself straying to their last kiss, their last carass, their last looks. The last night they had spent together, etched in every nook and cranny of his beautifully intricate brain.

He sighed, plopping onto the foldable chair along with his drink. He had done it to himself. Perhaps he miscalculated and would probably move on from her faster if he was nearer to her. But then again, he had already come all the way to forget her.

To reset them.

Distracting himself from thoughts of Blue, Ethan studied the results and his textbook, absorbing any information that could be deemed useful as a next step to arriving to a conclusive diagnosis for the unknown virus.