An Injured Dragon

For the next month, Hicca was starting to get used to living in the castle with Meridus's family. She had gotten to know all of the servants who live there. Elinor had been teaching her about Scotland. She was quite surprised how intelligent Hicca was. Elinor had been helping her with how to behave like a princess. Fergus and his sons could easily tell that Elinor was happy to teach a girl about being a princess. The only thing that Hicca had complained about was wearing a corset. But she and Elinor worked out something for that.

Meridus and Fergus had been helping her with her sword skills, along with fighting and archery. Hicca was glad that they were helping advance her skills. Meridus would join Hicca when she was having lessons with Elinor which surprised her as well. But she was glad that her son joined her on Hicca's lessons.

For Hicca, Elinor and Fergus became like parent figures to her. The triplets loved playing with Hicca's dragons and learning about them. Hicca made sure that they wouldn't use the dragons to cause trouble because that was the last thing she wanted to happen. Even though they wanted to ride on the dragons, they still weren't big enough to ride Stormfly, Hookfang or Barf and Belch. However, they could only ride Meatlug.

But Hicca assured them when they get older, they'll be able to ride the three dragons. Somehow, she knew that they'll enjoy being future dragon riders.

=============================================

At the moment, Hicca was adjusting Skylar's saddle, making sure that nothing was loose. Sharpshot was sitting on Hicca's shoulder, watching his friend work on the saddle.

"I see that you're adjusting pretty well here." Meridus said behind her.

"Yeah, I admit that I am." Hicca admitted.

"I have to say that you fit in well here." Meridus said.

"Yeah. I never expected that I would." Hicca agreed.

"Hey, can we go for a flight together? We haven't been on one for a while." Meridus suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea." Hicca accepted the idea.

Hicca got onto the saddle. Meridus got on behind her. Then Skylar took off into the air.

========================================

Meridus noticed that Hicca was slightly frowning.

"Hicca, is something wrong?" Meridus asked.

"It's...I just wish there were more dragons in Scotland." Hicca replied.

"Me too, Hicca." Meridus agreed.

Suddenly Skylar stopped and flapped her wings as she looked at her surroundings.

"Skylar, what is it?" Hicca asked.

At that moment, they heard a roar nearby. Hicca directed Skylar to fly towards the roar. When they got to the source of the roar, they were surprised at what they found. It was a Night Fury. This was a black one with yellow eyes and it seemed to be bigger than Toothless was. The reason why it was roaring was because its wings were trapped by a few boulders and a tree trunk. 

"Oh you poor thing." Hicca said.

The Night Fury caught sight of them and growled.

"It's okay. We're not here to hurt you. We just want to help." Hicca assured the Night Fury. 

The Night Fury blinked and stared at Hicca, "You know our language?" He asked. 

"Yes, my friend Skylar taught me." Hicca replied, gesturing the Light Fury next to her.