004

The next day, Taehyung came to the conclusion that no, there wasn't any light in that blackness. What he had seen the previous day had only been a reflection of light on the dark tapestry. The light hadn't come from the blackness, it had been faintly shining on it.

But now, it was gone.

All traces of a glimmer ever having been present had been erased.

Now it was only Taehyung in front of those tenebrous, hooded, sombre eyes which bore into his own hazel ones, piercing through his soul and freezing his entire body against the locker he had been cornered to.

He was defenseless and he knew it. He couldn't possibly start a fight for that could possibly reveal his identity and he was aware of the fact that no one would help him out either. After all, everyone was terrified of the Jeon Jungkook.

Only Taehyung was enough of a fool to stand against him, thinking that maybe Jungkook wouldn't hurt him. Maybe he wouldn't dare to do so. But he was proved wrong when Jungkook had roughly pushed him away, making him slam his back into the lockers as he now advanced towards him with an agonisingly slow pace.

What was he thinking to speak up when he wouldn't be able to defend himself? That was the problem, he wasn't thinking.

When Taehyung had come to school in those painful heels, annoying wig and tight skirt, he had been shocked to hear a loud scream echoing in the hallway. Being new, he didn't know that he should have minded his own business and paid no mind to this regular occurence.

Someone should really, really have told him. But then again, would he have listened to that person's warning? Probably not.

So, when he had seen a bunch of guys clad in black beating up a poor boy to the point that he was spitting out blood, he felt obliged to intervene. And maybe his smart mouth had also gotten him into more trouble than he had originally intended to get into...

Flashback to earlier this morning when Jeon Jungkook and his gang walked into the school, looking for a new prey to have fun with. They found a rather tall boy who clutched the straps of his bag as he walked with his eyes cast downwards. He looked like a shy, vulnerable and fairly weak person.

Perfect to be today's prey.

One of the boys with Jungkook namely Jaehyun - he had been the one to put his arm around V's shoulder the previous day - stretched out his leg in front of the boy, making him trip. As he tried to, more or less, steady himself so he wouldn't fall, he felt a foot push him from behind.

The poor boy lost all balance and fell to the ground. The guy who had pushed him crouched in front of him with an amused smirk and grabbed a fistful of hair to make him look up. "Aww look the baby has got tears in his eyes," he said with a fake pout before snickering.

The young boy, who was in fact a sophomore, knew what awaited him. He knew he couldn't be saved. No one ever dared mess with these guys. He had seen countless people getting bullied by them everyday for the one year and a half that he's been here. He had been hoping his turn would never come but apparently, his luck was cursed.

A kick was delivered to his stomach, causing the boy to curl himself into a foetal position to brace himself for the other hits that would follow.

However, what was heard instead was a clear voice with a mild tone. It seemed angry and slightly scared too, but was thankfully enough to divert the other guys' attention. "Leave him alone! He's done nothing to you, stop attacking other weak students!"

The boy on the ground, Soobin, looked up upon recognising the voice. His eyes widened as he met his boyfriend's fierce gaze, the hateful look being directed to the older boys who were only smirking and snickering.