//5//

"Hey." Haruto poked doyoung's waist.

"What?"

"How do you do this?"

Doyoung peaked into haruto's book and looked at what he was pointing at.

"Ah it's easy."

Doyoung started telling haruto how to solve that question, not realizing haruto was staring at him admiringly. That was the whole reason he asked doyoung for help. To get his attention.

"Kim doyoung!" The teacher yelled. "Stop talking in class and focus."

Doyoung flinched at the sound of his name, which made haruto snort.

Doyoung glared at haruto.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?"

Although it wasn't true, haruto loved seeing doyoung being annoyed. He found it adorable how doyoung would pout everytime he would get angry. And haruto just wanted to see more of it.

* A FEW HOURS LATER *

Doyoung was on his way to the library to return the books he borrowed when he spotted haruto talking to a man in a suit. Not wanting to make it seem like he was prying, he hid near the staircase. 

"Wait am I really eavesdropping right now?" Doyoung asked himself. "It's none of my concern anyway..."

But despite saying that, in the end doyoung still decided to hear their conversation. 

"I see you're still not excelling in your studies." The other voice spoke. Haruto had a really deep voice but this man had an even deeper voice. 

"Sorry, father."

"Don't apologize. I didn't expect much from you anyway. What a disgrace. This is why I preferred taking your brother instead."

Doyoung then heard heavy footsteps walk away. He saw the man, who was apparently haruto's father, turning a corner and leaving the building. 

And, being the clumsy person he was, doyoung mistakenly dropped the books, grabbing haruto's attention as he spotted doyoung behind the staircase. 

Doyoung laughed nervously and bent down to pick up the books.

"S-sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I was just returning to the library-"

"It doesn't matter." Haruto said, walking away. 

Doyoung was consumed with sadness for haruto. How could a father say that to his own son? He had this sudden urge of holding haruto close to him and giving him a pat.

On his way back to the classroom, the PE teacher stopped him.

"Ah doyoung! Can you help me with something?"

"Sure, sir."

"Can you please arrange the badminton rackets in the storage room downstairs? You know where it is, right?"

"Yes sir, I'll do it in break."

Doyoung was a reliable student since he was above average in academics and sports, and so the teachers really liked him. Not to mention he was a sociable student who all other students could easily approach.

* IN BREAK *

Doyoung entered the storage room when he spotted someone with their back turned towards him. And for some reason it seemed familiar. When the person turned around, he indeed was.

"Haruto?! How come we keep crossing each other's paths all the time, even outside the classroom?!"

Haruto smirked.

"Maybe because you really are stalking me but are too arrogant to admit it."

Doyoung rolled his eyes. 

"I came here to arrange the badminton rackets."

Haruto laughed. "I'm just kidding. I was assigned to arrange the equipment too."

The two got to work and started assembling the equipments. 

"You know..." Doyoung started. "You're not a disgrace, at least from what I've seen. I hope you didn't believe the words your dad said."

Haruto didn't respond. 

"Haruto?"

Doyoung turned around to look at haruto, who did the same. Except haruto had anger in his eyes.

"Doyoung. Mind your own business please."

Doyoung frowned. 

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping and not minding my own business." He said and stormed out of the room, leaving a guilt-ridden haruto back in the equipment room. Doyoung hadn't done anything wrong and was in fact just concerned. Haruto had no right to snap at doyoung like that.

But to haruto's surprise, doyoung instantly returned.

"I don't know what's going on and we haven't known each other for long but please rely on someone instead of always keeping it pent up inside." He yelled.

Doyoung pushed haruto's shoulder and stormed off.

Haruto was shocked and surprised at how doyoung wasn't hurt by what he said. 

"The more that we talk...you just get more interesting, doyoung."