//10 (final)//

"I wonder if haruto can feel my heartbeat..." doyoung thought, not knowing that the said boy was hoping for him not to hear his own pacing heartbeat.

After a while they stopped at the petrol station and grabbed snacks from the convenience store there.

Then they drove over to a corniche.

They sat on the short cement wall separating the sand from the pavement and admired the twinkling water. It looked like it was blended into the star-studded sky because of the reflection of the stars and it was an absolute beauty.

 It looked like it was blended into the star-studded sky because of the reflection of the stars and it was an absolute beauty

"It seems like befriending you has given me a chance to do things I've never done before." Doyoung said out of nowhere.

"Me too."

"Well you're welcome."

Haruto looked at doyoung and scoffed.

"To be very honest, I have something to confess. It's been a while since I had a friend. After my parents divorced, I cut off from all my previous friends and refused to make new ones in this school. Until you came."

Doyoung smiled at him.

"Its odd how our friendship was born from arguing. But I really like spending time with you. It's fun."

Doyoung realized a minute too late that it almost sounded like a confession.

Haruto looked away from doyoung's eyes and at the ground. Then the sea. Then doyoung's eyes again. He wanted to say something but he wasn't sure how.

"I...have something more to confess, actually." Haruto said.

Doyoung looked at him with expectant eyes. His heart's pace increased. Was this what he thought it was?

"At first it was just fun teasing you and seeing your reactions. But as time went by, your presence, your company itself was fun. It was comforting. It felt empty in your absence. And to erase that feeling of emptiness, I would think of you again."

Doyoung was at a loss for words.

"Doyoung. You know what that means, right?"

Doyoung very well did. But he wanted to hear it. Word for word.

"W-what...?"

"Doyoung. I want to be more than friends. Because I'm not sure how to stay friends with someone I've caught feelings for."

Although doyoung knew what haruto meant when he said he felt empty in his absence, hearing it being explicitly said to him, made him a mess. Butterflies were fluttering everywhere in his stomach, his heart was contracting at a very fast speed and his ears were reddening up.

Doyoung looked away.

"I...don't mind taking it further. More than friends sounds good to me." He mumbled, hoping to get the message across yet hoping haruto wouldn't hear it very clearly.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

"We can take our relationship a step ahead." Doyoung mumbled again.

"Can't hear you."

"I said I developed romantic feelings for you too, happy?! Gosh!" Doyoung yelled.

After he realized what he said, doyoung covered his mouth.

Haruto looked at him, baffled. But then his expression softened up into a smile.

"This is why I only say things once." Doyoung muttered out of embarrassment and turned his back on haruto to face the sea.

He felt haruto pull his wrist, as haruto wrapped his hands around doyoung's waist and pulled him in for a hug.

He buried his nose into the crook of doyoung's neck. It smelled like cinnamon and vanilla. He smiled at the nostalgic, familiar smell. He wanted to engrave everything about doyoung into the back of his head.

"H-haruto..." doyoung was clearly taken by surprise with haruto's sudden action.

"I'm sorry. Let's just stay like this for a while."

Doyoung slowly placed his small hands on haruto's back, patting him and haruto tightened his grip on him.

After what felt like a century, haruto let go.

"I'm glad I was able to get my feelings across." Haruto said, stretching.

"Me too."

"So you're ready to do everything couples do?"

Doyoung shot haruto a very flustered and surprised look.

Haruto laughed at his cute expression.

"I don't mean anything dirty, dumbass. I meant the basics. But I guess we can take it slow."

Haruto got up to turn on his bike so they could return but he stopped when he felt doyoung tuck his sleeve.

Doyoung looked at the ground, shy.

"We can take things slow...but not too slow." He said, slightly pouting.

Haruto came closer to doyoung.

"Then it's fine if I do this?"

Doyoung shut his eyes and nodded slowly.

Haruto smirked and he slowly touched his lips with doyoung's, his other hand holding his nape for support.

It felt like paradise. Doyoung had been waiting for a long time to be able to feel haruto's soft lips on his, and so had haruto.

Haruto slowly pulled away and caressed doyoung's cheek.

"Shall we return then, baby?" Haruto asked, sticking out his tongue when he put special emphasis on the "baby".

Doyoung looked at him with a disgusted expression.

"Ew no. Just call me doyoung. I got goosebumps. Dont ever do that again."

Haruto laughed.

"Fine I'll call you dobby. A combination of doyoung and baby."

Doyoung smiled. He liked that nickname. Dobby.

They went back to haruto's bike and the two drove back, as more than friends. As a couple.

* THE END *

A/N: phew well that wasn't much of a long ride but hey at least I'm still writing :")

I was supposed to write a dohoon fanfic but I realized I just...don't ship dohoon anymore. But then "it's okay, that's friendship" came out and I got bias wrecked by ruto. Not to mention when I first heard of them having a web drama, I was expecting doyoung and ruto to be each other's love interests so was disappointed when that wasnt the case. But then I realized I could make that come true through a fanfic !!!

Anyway I hope yall enjoyed this fanfic of a very unusual ship <33