- 3 -

the next morning had rolled around, and bell had gotten up at around 10. she stretched, letting out a high-pitched squeal, and got up out of bed.

she crept over to her dresser as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. picking through a few drawers, she couldn't decide if she wanted to be comfortable or not. after a moment or so, she remembered that she was meant to go and hang out with mark that day. with a giddy grin, she settled on jeans, a cropped tank top, and a green zip-up hoodie.

she zoomed down her stairs, greeting her family before quickly attempting to head out the door; she was hindered by her father asking questions.

"where you off to, bells?" he asked, taking a bite out of his buttered toast.

"oh i was gonna go hang out with mark. is that okay?" she turned to face him, slowly inching towards the door in hopes it would persuade him to say yes.

he let out a jokingly defeated sigh, nodded his head, and wagged a finger at her. "be back home later. if you stay there for dinner, i'm coming too."

bell laughed. "okay, thank you dad!"

she bolted out the door, shouting a quick 'love you' as she did so. she took a picture for instagram on her porch before continuing on her journey. she walked the few steps that distanced her and marks houses, soon coming upon his front door. she rapped lightly on the wood and was greeted by a short blonde woman.

"hello, ma'am! is mark home? we were gonna hang out today." bell said, clasping her arms in front of herself.

the woman let out a kind laugh, waving her hand about. "please, ma'am! you make me sound old! call me lucille, i insist."

bell nodded her head as the woman, lucille, spoke again.

"i'm marks mother. i suppose you're the girl that moved in the other day that he's been talking to. mark's just upstairs." she turned to face the staircase behind her.

"mark! honey, bell's here!" she shouted, earning heavy footsteps in return.

marks tall frame came stumbling down the stairs, only stopping when he thought he was going to fall over.

he saw bell talking to his mother and a smile grew on his face. "hey bell! come, come upstairs. minecraft." he waved her over.

she sent the boy a nod and slipped past the woman in the doorway, mumbling an 'excuse me'.

the two teens whizzed back up the stairs and into marks room. bell stopped in her tracks and looked around for a moment. it was pretty normal, but there were small figurines and a big computer on a desk in a neat corner. his bed was neatly made, pillows hiding the space where someone's head would lay. there were a few posters on the walls, bell noticed 'lemon demon' first.

she flitted over to his computer set-up, hearing him giggle behind her.

"whatcha looking at?" he asked, leaning against his door frame.

bell bounced around on her toes as she looked at him, a big smile on her face. "computer for minecraft."

he smiled again, shaking his head, and walked over. he sat down in the white, pink, purple, and blue chair that was positioned in front of the desk and quickly typed in his password. he clicked a few things and in a couple of seconds, the minecraft starting screen had appeared.

bell grabbed his hand and pulled him up out of the chair, swiftly taking his place and spinning around. she stopped herself and clicked around on the screen, trying to decide if she wanted to do multiplayer or single player.