Chapter 37: Harry Potter

"They're returning!" Neville called while gazing out a window. "There's still a fair few, but nothing we can't beat!"

Athena was stroking her late brother's hair, gazing up at the boy who had so much hope. She glanced at the doors, envisioning herself entering them for the first time nearly four whole years ago, Viktor and her father by her side- and now, neither were. Athena stood up, clutching her wand like a lifeline. The voice boomed through the air once more.

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives-"

"LIES!" Athena bellowed angrily, a huge wave of people agreeing.

"We bring his body as proof that your hero is gone"

Athena's heart ached harder. 'Not Harry. No way' she thought.

"The battle is won, You have lost half your fighters. My death-eaters outnumber you and the boy who lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle, now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live, and be forgiven: And you will join me in the new world we build together".

The voice faded, leaving an empty silence. Ginny looked horrified. Athena clambered onto the podium, facing the depressing sight.

"NEVER SURRENDER!" She shouted. A huge sea of fighters rose to their feet, cheering and shouting back. Wands flew into the air, honouring the fallen champions around them, also honouring the casualties soon to come. "LET'S GO FIGHT FOR FREEDOM ONCE MORE, FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN FIGHTING!" Athena yelled again, but this time, the wave rushed toward the door. Jeering and shouting echoed through the halls, uniting Hogwarts once more.

They broke through the great doors as a team, and they all saw Harry's dead body lay limp in Hagrid's arms.

"NO!" Minerva called.

"No!" Ron yelled, leaping into his mother's sobbing arms.

"No!" Hermione repeated, taking Molly's other side.

"Harry! HARRY!" Ginny screamed.

Athena pulled Ginny back, holding her forcefully while she cried painfully. George had wrapped his arms around them both, protecting them.

Voldemort spoke badly about Harry, making him out to be some sort of coward that no-one knew. Neville broke forward, Athena's mother laughing maniacally. Neville began to stand up for himself.

"I'll join you when hell freezes over. DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!" He said confidently.

The moment Voldemort lifted his wand, Athena broke from George's desperate grasp. She silenced him with a flick of her wand, only to mask his cries in an attempt to make the job easier. Athena threw Neville behind her, staring directly into Voldemort's red eyes.

"Kill my family" She scoffed. "I'm resisting, so now you kill my family".

"Karkaroff, I have already slain your family. You singularly remain" Voldemort replied coldly.

"No, no. You are quite wrong. You're missing the one person who could create such a family" Athena snarled.

"Bellatrix has disowned you-"

"Has she now?" Athena laughed. "I've been awaiting that my whole life- after all, I did think she was dead. Elizabeth Williams, I was told your name was. I treasured the only photo I could ever find of you in my purse. I wished to meet you. I cared for the wand you passed down to me. I loved you!"

Bellatrix's eyes widened- She seemed stunned by such words.

"I loved you, I loved you, I LOVED YOU!" Athena yelled at the woman. "Then you killed Sirius, right in front of me. You tortured Neville's dear parents beyond insanity, you killed the person who bothered to care about me, you killed your own son- all for personal gain. You never cared about how your actions impacted me, NOT ONCE! You claimed you care, but you never have, and you never will. You've only ever cared about pleasing him. You failed as a mother: So if anything, I'm disowning you!"

The words hit Bellatrix like a raging train. A single tear rolled down her cheek. Lucius raised a shaking wand toward Athena.

"TOUCH MY DAUGHTER AND I'LL KILL YOU!". Her mother had turned. "I know I failed. I never meant to hit Viktor-"

"But you meant to hit my cousin instead, another person who actually cared?"

Bellatrix fell silent again.

She paced slowly, eyes watching her, and stood next to Athena, wrapping a warm hand around her daughters.

Voldemort looked as though he could be sick: But he had no time to retaliate, as the centaurs and friendly giants had come forward, accepting their invitation to fight. Another battle erupted. The elves slashed at the death eater's ankles violently, Athena doing the same but to the throats. Bellatrix was duelling Dolohov passionately. The sudden change startled Athena, but it was better than opposing her. Her anger still remained, only slightly weakened.

She joined McGonagall, Kingsley and Slughorn in battling Voldemort, flicking her wrist quickly and effectively.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B*TCH!" Molly called.

Athena turned for a split second. Clearly, her mother's change of side hadn't lasted long at all.

"TOUCH MOLLY, GINNY OR ANYONE, I DARE YOU!" Athena screamed, abandoning her duel.

Her mother turned abruptly, laughing insanely. "You really think I'd change, just like that?"

Molly stunned her, leaving Bellatrix suspended in her position.

"I'm not going to steal your rightful kill dear" Molly said, inviting Athena forward.

She took no hesitation in drawing a dagger once again, and with a sharp, victorious and satisfying flick, the dagger landed sharply in the heart.
Bellatrix fell dead on the floor. Voldemort let out a scream.

And Harry Potter was opposite him.

They argued, and as the spells collided, the most magnificent thing happened: Voldemort fell dead, like the mortal person he was. Athena ran alongside Molly and George to hug Harry, the brave boy he was.