Part 2 Kai's POV

I could hear everything, yet my body wouldn't listen whenever I told it to do something.

'I can't lose Kai too!' Nya sobbed.

'I'm sure he'll be ok, Nya, Zane said he would be...!' Jay comforted her. I felt someone near me.

'Kai...' It was Lloyd. He sounded like he'd been crying for ages. 'I- It's all my fault...'

'Oh, Lloyd, don't say that!' Cole said quickly.

'Kai was right when he said that it's our duty to protect you, Lloyd! Even if it means putting our own lives in danger-'

'I DON'T CARE IF IT'S YOUR DUTY! I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN LOSE KAI!' Lloyd yelled. I felt the tension in the air. 'Sorry...' Lloyd mumbled. Cole sighed.

'Look, Lloyd, we know you like him, but it's for the best that he was the one hurt and not you! Just in case something happens-'

'But Kai is also important! In case something happens we need everyone!' Lloyd interrupted.

'Lloyd. It's better to have you than Kai. If you have the right mindset, you could defeat just about anyone with your power! You are correct that we need everyone, especially in support, and we know that you and Kai had a strong friendship and he helped you be strong, so right now, think that Kai would like you to be strong and believe he'll be ok.' Cole said strongly, making sure Lloyd didn't interrupt him again. I heard the door open and close.

'So?' Jay asked. Zane sighed.

'Well, Kai will definitely be ok, but we're not sure when he'll wake up...' Zane spoke... I wish I could tell my body to just get up, but I couldn't even blink. 'Anyway, it's best you guys go to bed, it's almost 12...'

'B- But-' Nya tried to protest.

'Nya, he's right...' Jay spoke calmly. Nya sighed.

'I'll be with Kai all night making sure nothing happens, Nya, you don't have to worry!' Zane was trying to reassure her, but I could tell what Nya was thinking. She didn't want to lose her only family. If only I could just tell her one way or another that I'd be alright. Everyone seemed to leave, except Zane, who I could feel was doing something by my bed.

Days over days, and every second I was still trying to get up. I couldn't tell how long it had been since the day I got hit, because sometimes I blanked out of my mind and though it had only been a second before realising it had definitely been longer. I could tell that everyone was getting desperate to see me wake up, especially Nya and Lloyd. I understood why Nya was so worried, but I was unsure why Lloyd was being so desperate. I knew that we were good friends, best friends, but I was also confused by what he meant when he said, "Maybe I should also throw one at someone you love". Does... Does he love me? I wanted to know, but I was sort of scared of what Lloyd would say.

Every time they came to me, Lloyd sat beside me, Cole would talk with Zane (and I could faintly hear something about love, fight, Kai), and Nya would sit on my other side, she would talk to me about happy times, and Jay kept asking "What?", "When?", and she would have to say that she was talking about our past. Lloyd didn't ever say anything, he just stayed silently, probably looking at me. It was like this every single time. Until one night. Zane was bustling around my bed when I heard beeping. Zane didn't seem to change what he was doing, which made me think that this was a normal thing, until he stopped, and started talking.

'Why is it so loud...?' He walked closer and did something. All of a sudden, I felt weaker. It was one of those moments when I blanked out, and straight away, I noticed that it must have been way more than just a second.

'What do you mean he's unstable!?' Nya yelled.

'I mean that something happened and he is now in a critical state! I didn't do anything and he became weaker!' Zane spoke quickly.