Part 3 Lloyd's POV

'Hey, Lloyd?' It was Kai. He was standing just outside my bedroom door.

'Uh, Y- Yeah?' I put down the book I was reading and got up off my bed.

'You doing anything?' I was suspicious.

'Why do you ask?' Kai smiled.

'Well, I was thinking that I could show you something, for that you'd have to come with me for a bit...' He said even more suspiciously. He was smirking and I wanted to say no, but I was now curious about what he could possibly want to show me. I sighed.

'Alright, I guess-'

'Great! Put on a jacket though, meet me outside!' Kai said quickly with a smile before rushing off.

'Woah...' I looked up around the starry dark sky. Kai had taken me to a cliff on the edge of a forest, far from the city, so the stars were so bright and there were so many more to see.

'See nothing suspicious,' Kai said smugly. I had told him how secretive he'd sounded on the way here. There was a silence between us, it felt tense, yet I didn't know how I could fill it. Kai sighed and I looked at him. 'The real reason I wanted to take you here, is to talk about...' I knew what he was going to say.

'Talk about the fact that I like you...' I looked to the ground, I didn't want to see his expression. We hadn't bought the subject up since the night Kai told us how he woke up, and that had been about a week ago. He threw hints at me that he wanted to talk about it, but I was scared, scared of what he wanted to say, scared he would say he hated me. So I ignored them as best as I could.

'Lloyd...' Kai sounded worried. I knew it, he doesn't like me back, he doesn't ever want to be friends again, in fact, he hates me so much that-

'I like you too...'

Silence. Did I hear that right?

'W- What...?' I look back at Kai. He was smiling. 'I- Well- Wait- Do- Do you really mean that...?' He chuckled.

'Of course, I do, Lloyd!' Now I was overjoyed. I hugged him tighter than I had ever hugged him. He hugged back.

'I- I was so worried you wouldn't like me back and would hate me! That- That you wouldn't want to ever be my friend again, and that-' Kai's lips touched mine. They were soft and gentle. I was so surprised, shocked, but I took it in and kissed back.

When we stepped back, we were both smiling.

'I could never hate you, especially over something like this...' He paused. 'I love you, Lloyd,' Kai said. I was on the point of tears, I had never been this happy.

'I love you too, Kai...' I said quietly.

'Good.' Kai hugged me again, I hugged back. And I never wanted to let go.