Chapter 16 My Adventures With Bunny Boy

I wake up with a start about an hour later. I wonder how he was going to "change me" then again it was a dream, probably a self induced result so that I would feel better about myself. But the outcome of that didn't matter at all. The soft hum of the TV in the background accompanies the subtle ticking of the wall clock. I rub my eyes and sit up, through my blurry, disoriented vision, my eyes catch a flurry of movement. Then a 100 pound body collapses on top of me. My diaphragm pleads for help as the wind is harshly knocked out of me. Well that jolted me awake. Sitting on my blanketed body is none other than David Harris.
"How the hell did you get into my house?" I demandingly ask and he chuckles to himself.
"You act like you actually lock your windows." He grins.
"Why are you here?"
"Two things. I wanna see my girlfriend." He pauses, "wait," I interrupt. "I'm not officially your girlfriend." He frowns at the statement. "True. Very true." Muttering to himself, he crosses the room.
"Second, I wanted to ask you something." I nod and he walks toward me.
"Who's that 'special someone' that Paige mentioned earlier?" He questions with a raised eyebrow.
"It was Conner." He presses his lips into a straight line. "I haven't seen him since practice on Friday." I reason. "Before we decided to start dating." I mumble.
"OH SO WE ARE DATING!" He cries pointing at me in victory. I roll my eyes.
"Whatever bakes your potato." And he snaps his head at me and starts laughing.
"What did you say?" I blush, it was an odd thing to say....
"Oh, just something that I picked up from Erin." He nods, but the quizzical look hasn't retreated from his face.
"So are you going to tell him.. You know about us?" He asks awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.
"By the way Paige said it, I'm sure he already knows." I murmur solemnly. He walks over. I am in deep thought, deciphering my complex thoughts on each boy. He interrupts me, "Mack, are you okay?"
"Yeah," I reply flatly. He comes closer to me and then sits down. I remember how Conner asked me that same question. But obviously David knows me better.
"I'm not that stupid to not know if my girlfriend is okay or not." I send him the death glare on the "girlfriend" part. He holds both of his hands up in surrender. I grab his collar and pull him in for a kiss. I pull away after a few seconds.
"I guess I'll have to call you girlfriend more often, girlfriend." I roll my eyes and he wraps me up in his arms again.
He pulls at my shirt and I push on his chest.
"Don't you even think about it!"
"Oh I've thought about it." I punch him in the arm.
"Perv." He chuckles to himself. He kisses my cheek and leans back, staring at me.
"What?"
"What, what?" He keeps staring.
"Why are you looking at me?"
"You're just so beautiful." I roll my eyes.
"You are the-" I stop and think of the word. "Cheesiest guy I have ever known." He presses his lips to mine for a few seconds. Then the door opens.
PAIGE'S POV
Oh my gosh, when I took off my "heels" I like to call them, my feet were aching so bad. I wear them sometimes along with my teddy bear-brown uggs. Luckily nobody bothers to notices that my shoes are from "Justice" phew what a relief. That would be so embarrassing, everyone would be talking about me. And no matter how much I love attention, I wouldn't want that type of attention. Speaking of attention, the whole school was buzzing about Mackenna and David. They aren't even that cute of a couple. Ugh they make me sick. I invite my friend Amanda over. Not to do anything but our nails. I love to have my girls over to gossip about the hottest news.
15 MIN LATER
"Oh my gosh! It's been so long!" I cry out, overreacting.
"Paige, it's been 3 hours." She explains I roll my eyes and snap my gum.
"I know. It was absolutely dreadful." She scoffs and brushes her boots on the mat. I close the door after her and we get right to it.
"So, you really are dating Conner?" I nod. Then examine my bracelet.
"What about Mackenna?"
"I don't know who she is dating. She tried to get my Connie-wonnie. But that little slut has also taken an interest in that David guy." I spit rolling my eyes.
"Yeah, she's the talk of the school though. How she dealt with being hit on by that hunk of... WHOO!" She cries, the back of her hand resting on her forehead. I had to admit, his parents have some killer chromosomes. I don't like him though. I don't even like Conner. I just pretended to to get under her skin. I wanted to win him over just to prove dominance over her and piss her off while I'm at it. But maybe I am feeling things for him. I mean those damn eyes, they get me every time. But when I see him on Wednesday, boy do I have something to tell him!
MACKENNA'S POV
My brother walks in and I literally fly off the couch. I do a twirl and look back at David.
"And that is how I do a semi-piroutte." I have no idea what I was talking about. Is a "semi-piroutte" even a thing?
"Hey kiddos." My brother, Kyle walks in. Like me he had dark eyes, olive skin, and curly hair. He is back from college for the weekend.
"Scooter!" I cry and run over to him. Don't ask. That's what my family has called him for ages. Even David knows.
"Hey Kyle." He addresses him with the flick of his hand. Scooter hands me a bag. It has a pretzel with a halo over it.
"AUNTIE ANNE'S?!" I cry. That is my favorite food and rip open the bag, eagerly. Half of it is gone.
"You son of a businessman, you took some!"
"Hey, be grateful I didn't eat all of it." He ruffles my hair and slaps hands with David. "How are ya Dave?"
"Pretty good." I indulge in my pretzel and pair it with some fresh brewed coffee. Oh my gosh it is perfect! Despite having some monstrous Kyle bite marks in it, I loved every grain of salt. Kyle goes up to his room to play some "necessary Call of Duty" and I sit back down with David. He kissed me on the cheek and stood up.
"I should go." I nodded. "Later girlfriend." He shouts over his shoulder.
"Shut up, Kyle will hear you!" I cry and he rolls his eyes.
"Do I care?"
"You will when he comes down here to bust your balls!" I warn and he quickens his pace to the window and launches himself into the side yard.
"Doors were invented for a reason Einstein!"
"I wanna be a ninja spy!" He whispered and then scampered across the grass like a self conscious bunny. I was in love with THAT? What had I gotten myself into? Haha. But I loved him, no matter how weird he was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY GUYS! I SLIPPED IN PAIGE'S POV TO MAKE THINGS INTERESTING AND TO MAKE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HER. I WILL PUT PAIGE'S POV IN A FEW MORE TIMES TO CLEAR CONFUSION OR SHOW ANOTHER DETAIL OF THE STORY. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER WHEN SHE SEES CONNER AND HE KNOWSSSS.
I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT! AND THE QUOTE IS..
"Love was just a word before you showed me the definition."
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖