Chapter 1 Carousel

Her story is like the title of her first production with him, it had its ups and downs.
She saw him walk through the finger print-smudged glass doors of the high school at around 9:00.
She was at the water fountain, staring down at the yellow-tinted water weakly pouring from the beat up nozzle.
As his mother sped away in her small red sedan, she strode after him.
"Hey, I'm Mackenna!" He turned around, just a little taller, his darling brown eyes glistened with curiosity.
"I'm Conner. I haven't seen ya around."
"Yeah I'm not from this town." He nods slightly.

They make their way into the theater and all the cast members sit in a circle. Conner doesn't sit by her. She has mixed feelings about him now. She looks at him until he looks at her. A confused glance makes him realize that she seems offended.
"Sorry" he mouths. She gives him a slight smile and soon enough the whole group is learning each others' names. The director hands out scripts and everyone was doing vocal warm ups. Mackenna knew she had a good voice, she felt it stirring in her heart. She was already warmed up. She didnt need to prepare. She looked over at him and he wasn't either. They just looked around for a minute and then their eyes locked and they started to laugh hysterically. He knew to sit next to her in the audience chairs and they watched the older kids act out their parts. Until they were needed as chorus, they laughed at the people on stage, criticizing them as they misread their lines and tried on fancy costumes.
"Sing."
"What?" Her head whips around to meet his calm face, staring past her nonchalantly.
"Sing," "I wanna know how good you are..." She pauses to think it over.
"Um... Okay." He looks to her and smiles expectantly. "This is a song my mother used to sing to me." "My dear child. Young and wild. Let you still be free. My dear girl, you're a pearl. In the crashing sea." She stops and looks at him, searching his expression for a reaction. "That's only a bit though."
"That was amazing..." Taken aback by his response, she asks him to sing.
"No!" He cries. "That'd be embarrassing!" "I'm not that good anyway."
"Funny you're the one with the sensitive side. If I did it, you do it."
"Fine, only because you're a good singer... Ill credit you with that." Mackenna grins, was that an intended compliment? After listening to his melodic voice, she came upon the conclusion that he was just as good a singer as her.
"Conner, you seriously underestimate your abilities!"
"What? No. Really, I suck."
"I cannot trust your judgement anymore! You have a talent, believe me." He beams with the angelic glow of perfect teeth.
"Thanks." They stare into each others' eyes for too long to be normal. He holds her hand and grins at her. She fell in love with Conner that morning, and she fell hard.
---------------------------------------------
HEY GUYS CHAPTER TWO IS OUT PLEASE READ COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT! Luv ya💖