Lay All Your Love on Me

Knock knock

She waited for the response in front of Dela's home. It was early in the morning but she knew her friend was already up at this time. Soon enough, the brunette opened the door.

"Trixie!" She hugged her immediately and the blonde smiled in that brief contact.

"Hi, Dela..."

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" She looked so worried and she made a gesture so she could get into her home. Luckily she wasn't seen by James.

"I'm fine... I think so, at least..." She looked around, searching for the kids. Promptly, her friend said:

"Jerick took them to my mother in law's home," she nodded in understanding and both of them sat on the couch of her neighbor's living room. "Wait, let me do something really quick..." In a matter of just a few minutes, Dela prepared her some iced tea and a pie that she had baked yesterday, and set it all on the coffee table. In some way, she always spoiled her. Then, they resumed their talk.

"Honestly I'm better than I expected..." She wasn't going to lie to her and the surprise was evident on her best friend's face.

"I'm glad you're feeling better... But why do you think that is?"

"Well, you know that my marriage with James wasn't that great. There was no communication, everything was boring and predictable. I think that for a long time I've been desiring for this to end but I'm now realizing that. Like... I felt more anger than heartbreak, you know what I mean?" She looked up and Dela nodded, without any judging stare.

What she didn't explain to her best friend was the other reason, and that was Katya. The woman who was driving her crazy with desire, want, and excitement. It only took her a kiss to make walls of denial crumble and fall into her arms. She hadn't cared about the fact that she was still married to James, she didn't consider that at that moment. He was getting the payback that he deserved.

Katya was someone who made her feel a thousand times more than anyone had ever done. A person that made her restless for wanting to have her in her arms. Her, the one that made her wake up and realize that she hadn't been living. Just surviving.

"Yes, it makes sense... It's such a shame that you had to face this in this way... With a letter and his lies..."

"I have to talk to him... But first, can I use your phone?" Her friend nodded. "I'm going to call Sylvia."

Dela sat right next to her while she dialed the numbers and waited for a response. A small " Hello " was heard from the other end of the line.

"Is this Sylvia?"

" Yes, who's this ?"

"It's Trixie ... "

" Oh... Oh. "

"Yeah... I called you because I wanted to know your side of the story before I confront James. .. "

" Sure, well... It's not that easy to say this but I'm going to tell you everything that happened. I work at the factory that James works at, I'm the secretary of the counter of the company. We started to talk frequently last year, around September... I knew that he was married, but he started to flirt with me and I... I fell for it. I'm really embarrassed about that. He wanted to see me outside of the factory and you know... Have dates, but he knew he would be busted if he arrived late at home. So he made up these 'extra hours' of work months ago... "

"What?!" She asked, in total shock. In a matter of seconds, she recalled the day that James told her that. The anger started piling up once again. Everything started to make sense: he made a whole schedule just to be with this woman, while she was maintaining his 'normal life' here. "That's unbelievable, but it actually makes sense... What else? What happened that made you tell me this?"