That's life

This is my first story on Wattpad so I hope you like it. There's a possibility that I made mistakes because English isn't my first language. Please tell me if I did. Enjoy!

On the right you can find Keira's White Lioness

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as Jenna graciously walked over the freshly mowed green grass of the indoor garden followed by her minions. All of the other Princesses were trying to suck up to her thinking that in a couple of years she would be elected to be the new Queen and they could call themselves the best friend of the Queen.

Yes, Jenna was beautiful. With her blond perfectly styled hair that waved behind her in the small breeze, her piercing light blue eyes that saw everything, her face that looked like it had been sculpted by Zeus himself, her gorgeous tall body that every girl would kill for she could only be described as stunningly beautiful.

But last time I checked she wouldn't be elected because she didn't have the brains for it. She wouldn't know what to do when the Kingdom was attacked. She wasn't dumb but I guess she didn't want to use her brains for something as war strategies, definitely not for protecting the people. She was no Queen material.

My eyes flickered to a big group of guys who were leaning against the wall. They all gave her longing looks hoping she would chose one of them to be her mate. Yes, you heard it right. She would chose her mate. Because finding a mate through the natural way where sparks would fly and the world would stand still when you looked at your mate was almost unheard of.

Almost. Our King had had the pleasure of finding his mate through the natural way. He was one of the lucky. These days Werecats would fall in love like Humans. But of course that kind of love wouldn't last forever. Sometimes they would break up and find another mate. That's the way it worked. When I got up for my next class everyone spread for me like the Red Sea. Not because I had so much power or because I was so popular but because they didn't want to be around me. I was the odd one.

I was Werecat and Fey. My father had been a Werecat and my mother had been Fey. I say 'had' because they were killed two years ago by rogue Werewolves. I am an orphan. Another reason to keep away from me. In the land of the Felidae are no orphan children. They are adopted right away by other couples and are cared for like they were they're own. But because I was a Princess I could live in the castle. All the Royals live in the castle but I never got adopted by one of them. The King and Queen took care of me.

I wasn't alone for the past two years but my big sister Lara was Chosen by the Almighty Eye to be the new Queen of the Fey. She left a year ago to the Land of the Fey to reign over the Fey, the Ariels, the Salamanders, the Wood nymphs and the Mermaids. Fey can control the four elements. Water, fire, air and earth. But the Ariels only wield air, the Salamanders fire, the Wood nymphs earth and the Mermaids water. They wield their element better than Fey can. If a Fey would be able to wield all four elements perfectly it would be too much magic. It would use too much energy of us. We call each other cousins because we are somehow still related to each other. Nonetheless they are treated with great respect. Just like us they are sometimes attacked by Werewolves. Werewolves know how to get into our Kingdom though only the disgusting rogues know about our existence. It's like they create a sixth sense for it after they've turned rogue.

The Werewolves in packs aren't vicious but still you never know when one of them turns rogue. You can never trust a Werewolf. That's Werecat and Fey law right there. Werewolves in packs don't know about any other supernatural being and are arrogant idiots that think they are better than the Humans that live among them.