"Family"

Total submission could only happen between a Royal and another non-royal Werecat. But I never got hurt during these sessions and that cut was probably the trigger for me. Normally it didn't really happen because we were peaceful and there weren't any wars between prides. Sometimes you actually did come across a Werecat who had showed total submission to a Royal.

I guess it made him a sort of personal bodyguard for me but only when I was in danger. To be honest I didn't want his protection. I didn't want him to commit social suicide. Nobody knew about his submission to me because it was something that happened in the mind link between him and me. Him protecting me would be looked down upon by everyone.

Especially Jenna. Jenna had been bullying me ever since I remembered. I was at the bottom of the social pyramid and Hunter at the top. I didn't knew if he had some real friends that would accept it but I really hoped he had.

After classes ended I walked through the halls to get to the castle and Jenna got up to me. "I heard what you did with Hunter. You had to turn all freaky Fey again huh? I guess there is no way for you to be normal. After all you really are this weird freak of nature. They said something about grey eyes-"

"Leave her alone, Jenna." I heard Hunters voice behind her. Everyone gasped excluding me. He would be forced by his Tiger to protect me from any danger and hurt. This hurt was Jenna. Jenna turned around and looked up into Hunters baby blue eyes.

"What did you say?" she asked shocked. Nobody had ever had the guts to stand up to her. "You heard me, Jenna. Is it really that difficult to just leave her alone. I have no problem with what happened and it happened to me so you really shouldn't have a problem with it. To be honest why don't you leave her alone forever?"

Jenna was too shocked to say anything back she just stood there with her eyes almost bulging out her head. After a couple of seconds Hunter turned around and said with his deep, clear voice to everyone in the hall: "What are you looking at? Go on, people." A couple of seconds passed and then everyone followed his order.

Hastily they all walked out of the door. Hunter ignored Jenna and got to me. "Come on, we should get going." I knew what it meant. Whenever a non-royal Werecat showed submission to a Royal it had to be notified to the King and Queen. I thought with sadness of the Queen. After our parents had died the King and Queen were very welcoming to me and my sister. My sister at the age of twenty didn't need a father and mother figure anymore but me at the age of fifteen craved for them.

Back then the Queen was just diagnosed with the Syndrome of Tenebris. It was an illness common between Werecats, Fey, Salamanders, Ariels, Wood nymphs and Mermaids. The only one. In the Human world you get cancer in our world you get the Syndrome of Tenebris.

The Syndrome of Tenebris is a disease that sped up the aging process. The Queen had the Syndrome now for two years. Which made that in almost three years she would be dead. She used to be a beautiful, energetic woman in her mid-thirties and now she had a wrinkling body that had aged to her mid-sixties. The King was always frantically searching for a medicine but for years none has been found. I had always helped the Queen through the bad days when she was in agony and I had to come to know her as a very good-hearted woman who was very honest and always saw the best in people. Of course I could see already upfront that she was a good person.

My Light told me. A Feys Light is like our help. A sort of voice that helps us with our life. The Queen was a good woman and she was going to die. I always felt very helpless around her but always managed to keep that from her. I wanted to help her so bad but I couldn't do anything and I wanted her to feel happy around me so I hid that I felt helpless. She was like a best friend to me.