Brian's Birthday

* Pt 2

Stella's POV

I abruptly woke up from a nightmare about Sal and Brian. And since I couldn't sleep after that, I decided to get an early start on today and clean up from the party. I walked into the living room to find all the streamers and half deflated balloons scattered all over the floor. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair to put it up in a ponytail.

I stored all of the left overs in the fridge last night and threw the decorations away. I limped over to my couch and plopped on it, letting out another sigh. I had gotten a text from Sal.

Sa- how u feeling?
St- bad, wbu?
Sa- yeah me too. Can I come over a little later, we have to film today
St- come over for what?
Sa- I guess just talk about wtf happened
St- I don't think that's a good idea. Let's just leave it
Sa- okay I guess. Have a good day Stell
St- thanks sal u too

I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone on to the love seat.

_

My whole day had passed, filled with catching up on work and doing some deep cleaning. It was around 8:30 p.m. when I got a knock on my door. I wasn't expecting anyone, so I grabbed my mace just in case.

I slowly opened my door as far as it could go with the small, easily broken, chain lock on it.

"Brian?" My eyebrows creased and I released the lock to open it all the way. He raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips, "What're you doing here?"

"I left my gifts here," he pointed behind me to my coffee table.

"Oh right, sorry. Let me get those for you," I walked back and grabbed all the bags, "Here you are," I breathed out, letting the straps of the bags fall onto his fingers.

"Whoa, you really don't trust me do you?" He laughed, pointing down at the mace I forgot I was holding.

"Huh? Oh, yeah sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone so I just wanted to make sure," I tossed it on to my couch. There was an awkward pause.

"You still need help cleaning up or anything?" He asked, peering behind me to see if he could find any trash laying around.

"No thanks, I cleaned up earlier. I have some left overs though, if you'd wanna take them?"

I could tell by his face he was contemplating, before shrugging his shoulders, "Yeah sure," I smiled and motioned for him to come in.

"And about last night, Sal came on to me-" I started before Brian cut me off.

"You don't have to. He let me know what happened. I get it wasn't your fault and that you stopped it. I'm sorry actually."

I raised an eyebrow, "Wait. First of all, I'm surprised he told the truth, and second why are you sorry?"

"Because I put you in a bad spot. I know you don't feel the same, and I made you feel guilty and that wasn't cool, so I'm sorry. You should be free to do what you want with out having me guilt you into feeling the same."

"It's okay honestly. I do love you but as a friend. And now I know how much of an ass I sounded like saying that," I palmed my face.

"No, you don't," he chuckled.

"Well anyways, I told Sal I'm done having any relationships with either of you. It's too hard and complicated, and I need you guys to be on good terms first. So I'm hoping we can all just go back to being friends?" I suggested.

A smile appeared on his lips, "That sounds really great," he got up and walked towards me, arms wide open.

I walked into his hug and fell into his embrace. A cough interrupted our hug, but it wasn't from either of us. I peeled myself off of Brian's body and looked behind his large stature, to find the person standing in the middle of my living room.

"Sal what the hell? Did you let yourself in?"

"Yeah, door was unlocked and I heard talking, and this doesn't surprise me," he rolled his eyes.

"You a**hole!" I walked over and pushed his chest, "You don't just walk into people's houses, and I told you you couldn't come over. I mean, how long were you even standing there?!"

"Long enough to catch your guys' little moment," he swirled his finger in our direction.

"I came over to get my gifts and now she explained to me the conversation you had with her. We're still friends, friends are allowed to hug. If you want her back so badly just say so," Brian huffed.

"Whatever. I'll leave you two," Sal stormed out of my apartment, slamming my door.

I gave Brian a look of, did you just see that?!

"I know. He's just upset. If you couldn't tell, he's still in love with you. He just needs time to cool off and he'll be fine again."

"You think he's still in love with me?"

He lowered his head and stared at me with a grin, "Seriously? Why else would he act like this?"

I only nodded my head, but inside my stomach was tingling. And I hated that even after all he's said and done to me, he still has this affect on me.

"Well thanks for letting me come over and thanks for the left overs," he raised up both his hands, full of presents and food.

"Oh of course, it was your party anyways," we walked to the door.

"I'll see you later Marino?" He questioned with a grin.

"You will," I smirked in return, before going in for one last hug.

We parted and I watched him walk down the hallway. There was something charming about Brian. Just something we connected on really well. Not enough to be in love with him, but if I really spent quality time with him, I could see 'us' happening. I really need to get my thoughts in order.