Chapter 3

Adrien opened his bleary eyes to the sound of his phone ringing on his bedside table. He looked at the time and groaned. He had crashed into bed exhausted once he had dropped Kagami home and he couldn't imagine who should be trying to ring him in the middle of the night. He reached over to his side table and held the device to his ear.

"Hello?" He said groggily.

"Adrikins!" Came the shrill voice down the other end of the line, music pumping in the background.

"Chloé?" He asked. "What is it? It's like one in the morning here."

"Oh, I didn't realise." She replied, although Adrien had the feeling she knew very well what time it was. "Well I need your advice. You're a model and know about fashion, I want to buy Luka something nice because he bought me my pretty necklace, but I don't know what to get him. It has to be perfect but also has to be me. What kind of jewelry do guys like?"

Adrien sat up slowly in bed and ran a hand down his face trying to follow what on earth Chloé was on about. Plagg was giving him the stink eye for being disturbed.

"You want to buy Luka jewelry?" He asked, confused.

"Yes Adrikins, do try and keep up." Chloé snapped down the phone. "I need ideas. Kitty Section is about to come out on stage and I won't be able to stay on the phone once they start. I like to give my boyfriend my full attention when he is performing."

Adrien was suddenly wide awake as the penny started to drop. "Hold up. You mean your boyfriend is Luka Couffaine? As in the lead singer of Kitty Section?" He could almost hear Chloé facepalm.

"Ugh, Adrien!" She whined down the phone. "Luka and I have been dating for like three months, who else would I be talking about?" Adrien looked over at Plagg who had suddenly become very interested in the conversation.

"But isn't Luka dating Marinette?" He asked.

"What are you talking about? Are you accusing me of being a man stealer?" She asked, offended.

"No, Chloé I'm sorry." He frantically apologised. "I'm just really confused right now."

"Oh my God Adrien." She said, her annoyance evident in her voice. "Dupain-Cheng broke it off with Luka months ago before the tour even started. What rock have you been living under?" Adrien was trying to push Plagg's laughing face away from the phone.

"A large one apparently." He replied, trying to piece the information together in his mind while glaring at his all too amused Kwami. "I hadn't seen Marientte for months until I ran into her today. It's not like I was about to ask her how's your love life going." Chloé cackled in laughter.

"Oh Adrikins, I love you and all but sometimes you are denser than the cinnamon rolls from the Dupain-Cheng bakery." Adrien glared at Plagg as the Kwami continued to roll around on the bed trying to suppress his laughter. "I'll tell you all about it another time, but you do realise she broke up with Luka because she couldn't get over you?"

"What?" Adrien exclaimed, but the only response was a snicker.

"Oh well, her loss, my gain." Chloé continued like she hadn't even heard him. "I've got to go, Luka's about to come out on stage. I'll call you when we are back in Paris and if you come up with any ideas for that gift, call me."

"Cufflinks." He said down the phone. "Get a pair of cufflinks to match your necklace."

"Adrien, you are a genius." She declared. "Ooop, got to go. Love and kisses." Adrien looked at his phone where Chloé had promptly hung up.

"Soooo." Plagg drawled out. "Turns out Pigtails was single after all." Adrien didn't reply to his Kwami, instead sliding back down into his bed he closed his eyes and pictured bluebell eyes. Bluebell eyes with a mask, bluebell eyes without a mask.