Chapter 20

A/N - Here is the next chapter finally. Settle in, it's a long one

"You want me to do what? Are you high Félix?" Chloé screeched at the young man who had turned up unannounced at her door.

Félix knew that if he was going to get Chloé to help them in this scheme, he was going to have to do it in person, because there was a lot more at risk than just her helping them. Talking over the phone with the feisty socialite wasn't going to cut it.

Travelling back with Adrien, the two of them laid out a plan to get Gabriel away from the mansion so they could follow Nathalie's directions to where Emilie was hidden. They already had Kagami on side, and Alya and Nino had also returned to Paris ready to run interference if needed. In order to get the plan rolling though, it was going to need Chloé to start a ruckus, even if Félix was going to have to be honest with himself to get there.

"No, I'm not high." Félix replied a little annoyed. "This is the plan we need to get Gabriel out of the mansion and we need you to get the ball rolling"

The blonde girl folded her arms and tapped her fingers. "You seriously want me to go down to a filthy stinking wharf and start a picket line? Do you have any idea what you're asking of me?"

Félix rubbed his forehead. "It's a dock Chloé, and yes, I want you to start a picket line so that the Tsurugi ship can't be unloaded. Get a few placards and make a fuss about unfair wages or something. Threaten to get your father involved. Actually, get him involved, it will make it more interesting and draw the media's attention away." He then placed both his hands on her shoulders. "I know exactly what I'm asking because there is no one else I would trust to get this done except you."

Chloé eyes Félix with suspicion. "Okay, what's in this for you?" Félix tried to give her an innocent look, but she wasn't buying it. "I know you better than that Félix, you don't do anything unless there is something in it for you, and don't try to tell me you're doing this for Adrien and Marinette. You don't give a bugger about his marriage."

"Neither do you." He scoffed. "Or have you suddenly turned over a new leaf?"

Chloe's expression dropped and she sat down on her couch. "Maybe it was my way of saying sorry for past mistakes." She said quietly. "Besides Sabrina, Adrien is the only other person who stayed by me whe...when things got rough. I guess I owed it to him when he asked for my help to get married."

Félix walked over and sat beside her on the couch. "Well, maybe it's my way of saying sorry too." He said, picking up her hand and kissing the back of it. "I want Gabriel to pay for what he did to me, to us. I want his company and I want to give the De Vanily name the recognition it properly deserves. If it helps Adrien get his wife back then well and good, but my mother wants answers about her sister, and that's what I'm going to do."

"And what are you going to do with the company? You're not into fashion."

Félix gave her a mischievous grin. "Oh I have my plans, don't you worry. You're right though, I do have a bit of a vested interest in getting Marinette to come back, but let's not worry about that now. So, are you going to help me?"

Chloé pursed her lips in thought. "Why should I?" She said, her voice laced in past pains. "Why should I ever do anything for you?"

"Because you still love me." Félix said, tucking a stray hair back behind her ear before cupping her cheek. "And because I still love you."

"Then I must be crazy."

Félix smiled as he leaned in closer. "Then I guess I am too." He placed a soft kiss on her lips. Looking into each other's eyes, Chloe surged forward, running her finger into Felix's hair and pouring all of herself into kiss.